Peace and quiet..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wonderful wife found this channel and we have been watching of an evening.. Amazing how in touch with the environment this couple is.. Sitting in a comfy recliner watching and almost feeling jealous for what these folks have and do.. The good life.. I just picked 1 at random but we have watched at least 20 of them so far..

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wonderful wife found this channel and we have been watching of an evening.. Amazing how in touch with the environment this couple is.. Sitting in a comfy recliner watching and almost feeling jealous for what these folks have and do.. The good life.. I just picked 1 at random but we have watched at least 20 of them so far..

Yes, a good life....simple and rewarding. Enjoyed! Watched a couple more. Thanks!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enjoyed the videos. Wish it was so simple today. Not saying it can't be just that for the basic things in life today requires some type of income. Which translates into employment for most. Sure you can grow, produce and barter but the system is rigged to enslave you to it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too danged much work! [emoji23]

Over the years of farming and raising cattle for a short period of time, we found the simple life tied you to that occupation and that property without any chance of leaving it to travel, take vacations, be sick and so on. None of that happens.
If your on your death bed, you still have to feed the chickens, pick the eggs, milk the cows, feed the cows and the list goes on.
The critters control your life and schedule. You do not have the option to control your own life.
I did enjoy the video posted. They make it look so enjoyable.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was raised on a 600 head, 7000ac cattle ranch that was before the days of round bales. We hauled about 44000 80-110lb bales give or take both ways. In the fall loading double decker semi-trucks I have actually taken a pair of now green Wranglers off that were so coated in cow manure that you could stand them up in the corner on their own.

When I turned 20 I left and I swore I would NEVER tote another bale of hay, pull another calf,fix another fence or poke another cow as long as I lived. I'm 58 and so far have been true to my oath or roots as you would say.

I don't even want to feed a stinkin chicken. But I never shook the nickname to everyone that knows me. Some people have known me for decades and don't even know my real name. You is what you is I guess.

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too danged much work! [emoji23]

Over the years of farming and raising cattle for a short period of time, we found the simple life tied you to that occupation and that property without any chance of leaving it to travel, take vacations, be sick and so on. None of that happens.
If your on your death bed, you still have to feed the chickens, pick the eggs, milk the cows, feed the cows and the list goes on.
The critters control your life and schedule. You do not have the option to control your own life.
I did enjoy the video posted. They make it look so enjoyable.
Absolutely correct. No days off in raising animals.
An old fella told me once, "That cow don't know it's Christmas."

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother grew up on a farm in SW Oklahoma south of Duke....I've heard many stories about life on the farm. How great it could be and also how hard it was at times. My mother was born at home on the farm just outside of Prairie Hill in Jackson County over 97 years ago.....she's still alive and doing well for her age. That hard farm life didn't hurt her and it made her who she is today.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother grew up on a farm in SW Oklahoma south of Duke....I've heard many stories about life on the farm. How great it could be and also how hard it was at times. My mother was born at home on the farm just outside of Prairie Hill in Jackson County over 97 years ago.....she's still alive and doing well for her age. That hard farm life didn't hurt her and it made her who she is today.
:thumbup3: There ya have it..

Latest posts

Top Bottom