Peep sight for M39

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up a set of Finn M39 sights sold by mg42 who is a member over on Gunboards. Finally got around to installing them yesterday and I am highly impressed. I haven't tried them out at the range yet, but they do not seem to give me eye fatigue like the stock sights do. The rear peep attaches to the rear sight ladder by the two screws that attach the factory notched blade. The front sight is the same basic design as the original but is narrower in width and has been increased to 9.5mm in height for sighting in at 100 yards.

If anyone is interested below is a link to the FS thread on Gunboards. If you order a set be warned that the seller's communication is not that great. It may be several days or weeks before the sights arrive and you won't receive much in the way of communication during that time.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...t-and-rear-peeps-sights&highlight=peep+sights

Here are a couple pics of the sights installed on my '42 VKT.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking setup. If you want to shoot a milbolt bench rest match at OKCGC or Tricity that rear sight will not be legal as it is not as issued.

Something to help eye strain is to cover the off eye lense of your shooting glasses, black electrical tape works good,
this allows you to shoot with both eyes open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom