Penn. 2020 # 2 bow whitetail record.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.northamericanwhitetail....ylvania-typical-downed-traditional-bow/388406

PA. #2 bow.png

Last edited:

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to hunt those deer with a black face like that in tidal swamps in Northern Va. Things are massive. I think they are a slightly different species.

I shot a 6 point with a 24" inside spread and no eye guards once when I was in my prime 20s that I could barely even drag 3 feet at a time. I could not lift it to get it in a low Ranchero pickup. Another hunter finally felt sorry for me and helped me load it. Field dressed almost 250. Biggest one I ever got in OK in 25yrs weighed 170lb whole.
Definitely something different going on.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to hunt those deer with a black face like that in tidal swamps in Northern Va. Things are massive. I think they are a slightly different species.

I shot a 6 point with a 24" inside spread and no eye guards once when I was in my prime 20s that I could barely even drag 3 feet at a time. I could not lift it to get it in a low Ranchero pickup. Another hunter finally felt sorry for me and helped me load it. Field dressed almost 250. Biggest one I ever got in OK in 25yrs weighed 170lb whole.
Definitely something different going on.

Just good genetics and groceries I would assume. NWOK mature bucks exceed 200lbs dressed easy. Makes bucks across the eastern side of the state look pretty scrawny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom