People carrying long guns into businesses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The scary thing is that his attorney is the US Lawshield attorney for Oklahoma and my opinion on this is that he is *dead wrong* on his assertion of the law. If you are going to be a 2A attorney, you need to KNOW that law like the back of your hand and his statement shows that he fails to comprehend the absolute black letter law that is not in the least bit ambiguous. I would NOT have said what he did for fear of a malpractice suit.

Edit: Robles has been practicing law for 30+ years and graduated from OU Law in 1980. All his 2A videos on YouTube have been set to private.

http://robleslawfirmokc.com/robert-robles-bio/

The video with Robles is the one I quoted earlier in another thread that hadn't been posted online yet by KFOR where he stated it was legal for the "auditor" to carry in the place of business. Billed as a 2A expert.
I'm glad I didn't waste my money on the Law Shield.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://kfor.com/2019/11/15/judge-d...-proclaimed-2nd-amendment-auditors-100k-bond/
Harper bond stays at 100k but cash only requirement lifted and he is out of jail. Not a good sign for Harper that Prater is involved. Normally his ADA'S would handle the case. Judge Elliott is a fair but no nonsense judge. Question is whether Harper will have to take a conviction. Trial is out, leaving only a blind plea or a plea bargain. I suspect the end game is a result that will prohibit Harper from legally possessing firearms.
http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=oklahoma&number=CF-2019-4666&cmid=3828757
Case was filed fast.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't understand how OK2A and Spencer can say that state law DOESN'T say you can't carry a rifle into a place where alcohol is sold for consumption on the premises.

1272.1 clearly states otherwise and the the police, DA, and Judge who issued the warrant clearly agree.

Just when I was warming up to OK2A they come out with this clown shoes video. Call the police non-emergency number before I take my AR for a walk in the park? Jeebus.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't understand how OK2A and Spencer can say that state law DOESN'T say you can't carry a rifle into a place where alcohol is sold for consumption on the premises.

1272.1 clearly states otherwise and the the police, DA, and Judge who issued the warrant clearly agree.
Confusion much like they said they are no way associated with Harper but it seems that they are.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can understand and support taking a position that what he did shouldn't be illegal and advocating for a change in the law, but saying it isn't when it clearly is is baffling.

And I agree. They seem to be awful close to a guy they claim to have disavowed.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The scary thing is that his attorney is the US Lawshield attorney for Oklahoma and my opinion on this is that he is *dead wrong* on his assertion of the law. If you are going to be a 2A attorney, you need to KNOW that law like the back of your hand and his statement shows that he fails to comprehend the absolute black letter law that is not in the least bit ambiguous. I would NOT have said what he did for fear of a malpractice suit.

Edit: Robles has been practicing law for 30+ years and graduated from OU Law in 1980. All his 2A videos on YouTube have been set to private.

http://robleslawfirmokc.com/robert-robles-bio/
Well it does seem that the law itself is clear but is it really? He's going to make an compelling argument that guns including rifles and machine guns are carried into establishments that serve alcohol every single day and nobody bats an eye. Right or wrong, that's gonna happen. Wilshire Gun will be his example. It was a big deal when they first opened, there were going to be drunken gun fights in the streets! Now nobody cares and most of the general public doesn't even know about it. I've never heard of a problem with them having a bar there but they're going to be dragged into it regardless.

This case is going to bring UGE! publicity right in front of an election. If Lowe's repeal bill falls short, Bloomberg will have Lowe and all his moms out there getting signatures again and they'll have a lot more than a couple of weeks to get what they need this time. Bloomberg himself is also jumping in and he'll no doubt show up here in Oklahoma personally which will just motivate more people to go to the polls and vote for repeal. Oklahoma, Cleveland and Tulsa counties ought to be enough to get it done. Add in a hand full of repeal votes from all the other counties and poof, our carry rights are gone. All because this ballsack had to go rubbing his rifles up in soccer mom's faces. Thank you Tim Harper.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

OK2A Spencer dosn't believe Harper broke the law.
Well that video statement just adds to all the confusion and will hurt OK2A, IMO.

Don has spent too much time politicking and has become a politician. He claims to have been very involved in the bill that has now become law but seemed to never notice the part about not carrying a rifle where alcohol is served.

I think there are a lot of politics involved in this case all around. What Harper did was in very poor judgment and now the police, DA, the judge, the media, the people of Lowe's district, antis of all kinds, and many others are using this case to advance their politics. If they are not careful they are going to make him into some kind of 2A hero.

Latest posts

Top Bottom