People carrying long guns into businesses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like Harper has a $100,000.00 cash only bond. Helluva bond for a crime that only carries two years. Some judge is clearly pissed. The dumbass asked for it!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like what the clown has been doing but did he commit a crime? Unless he was in the bar area of the restaurant I don't see it. Even if he was in the bar area, was it a crime? I assume the establishment's primary purpose is the sale of food.
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69741
If you carry without a license it would appear that you cannot go into a restaurant that sells alcohol.

1272.1 has been posted and discussed in this thread and others repeatedly.

It is illegal to carry a rifle into a place that serves alcohol for consumption. Period. Permit or no permit. Primary purpose or not. So, if that’s what he did then he committed a crime.

He wanted attention. He got it. He doesn’t get to dictate what happens now.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish we lived in a world where long guns didn't trigger snowflakes and sound apocalyptic klaxons. If slung AK's were commonplace no on would raise an eyebrow. The response to calls for service to 911 regarding a "man with a gun" should be, "OK... Is he shooting anybody"?

I think you'd all love to be able to carry a gun like a man without the cartoonish response it now elicits from society. So, what I hear when you ridicule this fella is "that guy's a doofus when he does the exact same thing I'd do if only someone would give me permission." Just a few more boots to lick and then we can all carry a gun? That ain't how it works.

7 pages of jackals gleefully calling for a man's demise because his personality, view of liberty, social norms, scrotal capaciousness, and priorities are very slightly different than yours. I'm disappointed. But at least my predictive model of human behavior, given my cynicism of the nature of the future of mankind, has once again been confirmed as accurate.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish we lived in a world where long guns didn't trigger snowflakes and sound apocalyptic klaxons. If slung AK's were commonplace no on would raise an eyebrow. The response to calls for service to 911 regarding a "man with a gun" should be, "OK... Is he shooting anybody"?

I think you'd all love to be able to carry a gun like a man without the cartoonish response it now elicits from society. So, what I hear when you ridicule this fella is "that guy's a doofus when he does the exact same thing I'd do if only someone would give me permission." Just a few more boots to lick and then we can all carry a gun? That ain't how it works.

7 pages of jackals gleefully calling for a man's demise because his personality, view of liberty, social norms, scrotal capaciousness, and priorities are very slightly different than yours. I'm disappointed. But at least my predictive model of human behavior, given my cynicism of the nature of the future of mankind, has once again been confirmed as accurate.
Closet liberals they are

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't wish anyone close interactions with the legal system, but some people crave it more than others. In this case you're basing what you believe our reactions should be, on what the world should be rather than what it is. There are plenty of places in the world where a slung AK doesn't raise so much as an eyebrow. Those happen to be all the places most of us are glad we don't call home. If I can get that then I can get why soccer moms would associate slung rifles with those places.

It really is that simple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom