Pepper spray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silly_Goose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the cone vs. stream topic, in my unexperienced view, I'd think that in windy Oklahoma, I'd be better off getting the stream for my wife. She works at a mall here in OKC and I want her to have something more than her gaggle of girlfriends to walk with to her car. That and I doubt she'd take the time to check the wind direction when she decide to hit someone.

Thanks for all the advice in this thread!

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, been through all 7 pages...twice, and no mention of Sabre 3-in-1 so I'm gonna ask. Packaging says it's Sabre Red, Tear Gas, and dye. Fine. Is it going to be less effective than 100% Red???

The reason I ask is because I got my wife one of the cutesy pink Sabre Red key chain units, and wanted a regular pocket can myself. At Bass Pro, the pink units were the only ones with "Sabre Red" on the package. Every other type of can was "Sabre 3-in-1". I got a 3-in-1 for me, as neither the pink, nor the amount / key chain thingy appealed to me. Does that mean I'l have to add 230 grains of lead and make it 4-in-1 if I have to use it, or might it be as effective as red?

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, been through all 7 pages...twice, and no mention of Sabre 3-in-1 so I'm gonna ask. Packaging says it's Sabre Red, Tear Gas, and dye. Fine. Is it going to be less effective than 100% Red???

The reason I ask is because I got my wife one of the cutesy pink Sabre Red key chain units, and wanted a regular pocket can myself. At Bass Pro, the pink units were the only ones with "Sabre Red" on the package. Every other type of can was "Sabre 3-in-1". I got a 3-in-1 for me, as neither the pink, nor the amount / key chain thingy appealed to me. Does that mean I'l have to add 230 grains of lead and make it 4-in-1 if I have to use it, or might it be as effective as red?

You do not want tear gas, mace or any other aerosol irritant.

You want OC spray. If you choose to go with Sabre brand, you want Sabre Red not 3 in 1.

Tear Gas does not have the same affects in the dosages that can be held in a small can.

You want an OC Spray with at least 1 million Scoville Heat Units (at a minimum) in a configuration that will allow you to carry it the way you want.

Michael Brown

V1K1NG0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used that Fox Labs 5.3 in 2 oz can (stream and flip top) on a medium sized rottie when I was out on my morning run a months ago and it stopped it from getting any closer. I made one good spray blast on it (about 5 feet) but the rest of the blasts were OFF target. Not sure if the spray was what made him stop or the sight of me dressed in my usual blaze orange running jacket doing a dance while spraying the air with this stuff.

Needless to say the few lessons I learned were that practicing with it once did not do much. I fumbled with getting it out of my jacket pocket and the flip top. You would think that I would have recognized the fact that I should practice with it more as I do my firearm but I didnt. I'm glad it went away and I only got a smidgen of the spray on me, mostly my hand (that sucked). I am definately looking for a better way to carry it so I can have it that way all the time. It would have been nice if it was smaller but in reality I just about dumped the whole contents of the 2oz can.

Dont learn the hard way. This was my wakeup call. Some people dont get them though. Practice Practice Practice

Latest posts

Top Bottom