Pepper spray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadkill Coyote

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Experiences vary, both due to individual tolerances and quality/amount of the exposure, thats why targeting and actually getting it into the eyes, nose, and mouth are so important. People close their eyes, and so moving laterally not only makes it harder for them to get ahold of you, it forces them to open their eyes to require their target. That's when you put the second burst in.

cta8000

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about Kimber's brand of spray. I've heard it is great stuff. Maybe it is made by another company for Kimber...I don't know, but the law enforcement in Michigan carry it. It is supposed to be hotter chemically than most. I have it, but have never used it. The law enforcement I've spoken with say it'll stop dogs and bears as well as 2 legged animals!

conditionone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I breathed the vapor from my mom's when I was a kid. I regretted it instantly.

I got my fiancee some random stuff at O'reilly's. I hope it's effective if she ever needs it. If you spray someone who is attacking you can you get sued?

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I breathed the vapor from my mom's when I was a kid. I regretted it instantly.

I got my fiancee some random stuff at O'reilly's. I hope it's effective if she ever needs it. If you spray someone who is attacking you can you get sued?

Sadly, yes, you could get sued. Not because you were wrong, it's just that you can get sued for anything.

If you legally shoot an intruder in your home, you could get sued.

Our litigious society is a disgrace in that aspect.

TDH1988

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should check out TigerLight's new T100. It is now available and has proven itself to be a very versatile little tool. It's a flashlight that fits into the palm of your hand and has a variety of different functions including a red map reading light (25 hours of run time), a single bulb LED (25 hour run time) a dual bulb LED that's a little brighter and then a tactical switch for a very bright light that offers a 1.5 hour run time in this mode. If you press the tactical switch and turn on the brightest setting then press the switch for the other lights it strobes! Did I mention it has pepper spray in it too. Your thumb sits on the trigger and your fingers control the lights. It's very easy to use, takes only one lithium 123 battery and you can buy a couple of different types of sprays.

I recommend the Sabre Red over all the others. It has shown to have the best spray pattern and the greatest distance (7-10 feet). You can find these on the internet at www.tigerlight.net. Hope this helps.

Marshall Luton

What he said

bigR73942

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you can be sued, but there are steps you can take to limit the amount of your liability the most important part is find a certified instructor and complete a certification or"education" course this allows you to only be liable for justifing the need to spray and will give you some help on the stand to testify on how and how much you where trained to spray most of the instructors will have a very good working knowladge of case law and will also have a company backing them as long as you react within the scope of your training you should come out ok! **** I agree with other post I have been a certifier for 8 years and the SHU has no impact on the felt affect it is the % of Capsinanoids that provide the variance in the affect, I would stay away from watter based as when it used to defend yourself you want the effects to last longer so the suspect can be detained, my wife works out in the public and carries the foam!

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I strongly recommend Kimber pepper blaster II. ,very very thoughtfully designed all the way from its cherry red color ( so it won;t be mistaken for a gun) to its 13 feet distance to its 90mph blast.
did i mention it was made in switzerland and had a REALLY long shelf life?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have assisted LEOs in the ER when they bring in crazed druggies. The pepper spray is mostly ineffective on them. I won't argue with anyone about this, if they say to the contrary - fine with me.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually carry a can in my truck, Whenever we are issued new cans the old one goes in my truck I also keep one in my house in the front room. People don't seem to freak out when they see it. The smaller cans are easy to palm. Streams are better and aren't effected by the wind as much one thing you have to think about when you use it. I still carry a gun but having options is nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom