Pepper spray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, coming from an ex cop turned lawyer. All I can say is geez that stuff burns. Was sprayed several times with it. Twice during training sessions and several times on duty. Some guys just spray that stuff everyhwere.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, coming from an ex cop turned lawyer. All I can say is geez that stuff burns. Was sprayed several times with it. Twice during training sessions and several times on duty. Some guys just spray that stuff everyhwere.

HAHAHA!
As I've said before: Everytime OC is in use, invariably I'm downwind from it.
:puke:

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many carry O.C.,what kind,and how do you carry it?
Also have you ever been sprayed with it?

I carry fox Labs FivePointThree 2oz,usually in my pocket.
I've got the "cop-top" cone patten by default as I bought the last "flip-top" stream pattern for my wife and that's all they had.
Never had to use it but i know it burns like hell!

A friend and I voluntarily took a hit to see how bad it was.
I can't say that it was any worse than Tulsa PD's own Punch II (which I have been on the receiving end of a few times)but it was bad.
Breathing the stuff made my lungs hurt for about 8 hours.
:P
You could definitely fight through it if you were determined but it would be better than nothing in a confrontation.
I would rather have a non-leathal option if I need it.
Any thoughts?

I accidentally sprayed myself in the eyes with Mace about 20 years ago. The pain was excruciating. It was if someone was holding a lighted match against my eyeballs and the skin surrounding my eyeballs. It hurt like hell for 15-20 minutes before it slowly started to wear off. I can tell you that there would have been no fight through buy me. It would not have been possible. First of all, you can't see anything. Second, you are only worried about flushing your face with water. Third, you are worried that you are going to be blind for the rest of your life. Nothing else in the world matters. Did I mention the excruciating pain.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine and me were riding with my friend Angie in her truck. I was shotgun, Jamie(my buddy) was digging around in Angie's purse and found some breath fresher right on top. You guessed it, wasn't breath fresher, as Angie was saying NO! Jamie took a big mouthful. Thankfully the hospital was about 3 miles away. Locked up his airway tighter than Fort Knoxx. Jamie suvived, this was 25 years ago and I think it was tear gas. I never forget the look on his face though.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For personal use, what are the upsides and downsides of cone vs. stream vs. fog? I like the idea of cone just for the likelihood of getting a better "hit" and a better chance of inhalation than stream, but is it much easier to get yourself with a cone?

Also, are the Sabre Red pen sprayers viable at all? At .36oz, they're half the payload of Sabre's pocket-sized cans, but I don't really know how that translates into actual use.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For personal use, what are the upsides and downsides of cone vs. stream vs. fog? I like the idea of cone just for the likelihood of getting a better "hit" and a better chance of inhalation than stream, but is it much easier to get yourself with a cone?

I am bumping this thread b/c I would like to see some comments on this question also before I buy some for my wife and me to carry. The cone seems like the way to go so aim isn't as critical but I am worried that the cone might be dispersed enough to get on me too.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I like foam. Comes out very thick and you stand much less chance of giving yourself a dose of this stuff. :D It is what most police are using. Or it was 10 years ago. :mean: I am getting old apparently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom