Pictures deleted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent write-up. Thank you..
Did you use the coarse or fine hole attachment for the grinder ..
I have the same grinder.
Well my wife's....ground many deer with it...Now i have an old #100 manual crank grinder huge mouth..
And i have it on a platform and a high TQ motor on it...Ground an entire ice chest full of deer in 7 minutes..
No binding up on the connective tissues either..

Thanks again!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddy Bruce just shot a little one...
i585.photobucket.com_albums_ss294_AllOut_0802D342_DCB6_4E0A_ACb2897bed71955baa6f9b5f5f28bc7d2a.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go back and look at post #13. That is a plate of fried gar with sweet potato fries. My preferred way to eat gar is cut up in chunks and deep fried like catfish...

When you fillet out a gar and remove the two back straps, that is all meat with no bones...

A gar is one of our "cleanest" freshwater fish and properly cooked, makes excellent table fare....

DAVID

I've served it at family fish fry's, and nobody knew the difference.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go back and look at post #13. That is a plate of fried gar with sweet potato fries. My preferred way to eat gar is cut up in chunks and deep fried like catfish...
DAVID
Ooops,..didn't scroll down far enough.

Outstanding...

I cleaned one and put it on some charcoal when I was a kid, out "camping". Was more of a hack job than anything else. It left a lot to be desired in the taste dept., but I was a kid.

Will have to give them another try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom