Pig Bait

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK I know this is all over the place in here but Iwould like to start a consolidated thread of best bait for wild pigs. I saw two youtube videos where they used chopped up acorns and peanuts, mixed with lots of deer corn. In a couple weeks we are going and I will have the chance to try several different methods and would like to report back which works best.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fill a 5 gallon bucket about 2/3 full of corn, cover in water and let it sit over night. Pour off the extra water and leave in the sun loosely covered for 2 days. Making sure it stays damp. This will become stinky. It can be spread on top of the ground or buried in holes dug with post hole diggers.

torque

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Line a 48 Quart ice chest with a black garbage bag. Dump a 50 lb. bag of corn in it then add 2 or 3 packs of yeast. Fill it to the top with water and close the bag and leave it in the hot sun. The next day add more water to the top again. Tie the bag shut and leave it for a week in the sun. Dump a bucket or so out where you hunt. When they find it, the game is on. It is the best that I have found so far.
They like it soaked in beer also but yeast is cheaper.

kbart

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of products on the market for pigs these days. I've been told that putting a bag of cattle creep out really brings the pigs in. One of our lease members put a bag of cattle creep out on the ground by his feeder for deer about a month ago. With in a day the pigs came in and ate all the cattle creep. Once the catttle creep was gone they haven't come back.

Sounds like it works.

Kbart

Latest posts

Top Bottom