Pine tree attack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Noticed a couple weeks ago my pine tree was looking "brown".....tuesday it looked like it had been stripped of needles!
Found thousands of small green inch worms in the green needles. I've never seen anything attack pine (except pine beetles in CO).
Sprayed with soapy water, then some Bug b Gone...seems to have killed them but can't reach top of tree...hope they don't come back.

DNO

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Chances are you have nematodes, or Pine Wilt - thw root of the problem are pine beetles. They are killing a LOT of trees in oklahoma, have been for years.

There's not much you can do about it. Once the tree has it, it's a gonner.

Sorry for the bad news. Hate to see pine trees dying

You probably need to get a pro to check the tree. If I am right (and I hope I'm not) you need to cut that sucker down, burn the wood and grind the stump to keep it from spreading.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The drought is causing problems also. This is the 3rd year we are having to water our trees to keep them from dying.
If they don't have much water, they are more susceptible to bugs, blue stain fungus, etc.

We are watering them deep once a week. Remember the roots are out a ways from the tree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom