Please Delete Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same 22 can and a SRD762QD that I'm a big fan of. I was at Fouled Bore and a guy was shooting a 338LM that was painful - I noticed he had a Sig mount on his rifle and I talked to him about it, he's waiting on his stamp for the suppressor. I let him use mine (I know, I know...) and I was shocked at the insane difference. I shoot it primarily with a 300WM which is tolerable without hearing pro, but it tamed down that 338LM incredibly well. Good cans!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have thought that the 300 with subsonics would be quiet enough to shoot without muffs. I've got a 300 Whisper that I built 20 years ago. It is set up for only subsonics. I use a AAC Cyclone .30 cal. on it. With the subsonics you only hear the buffer weight and spring go by when fired.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same 22 can and a SRD762QD that I'm a big fan of. I was at Fouled Bore and a guy was shooting a 338LM that was painful - I noticed he had a Sig mount on his rifle and I talked to him about it, he's waiting on his stamp for the suppressor. I let him use mine (I know, I know...) and I was shocked at the insane difference. I shoot it primarily with a 300WM which is tolerable without hearing pro, but it tamed down that 338LM incredibly well. Good cans!
338 with a 762 can?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has to do with the action slapping around, not the actual firing of the round. When my buddy shot it, I was 2-3 feet away and was fine without ears. When you shoot it the BCG slamming back is where I found the discomfort. The Sig Rattler doesn't have a buffer weight. It has two springs on top of the BCG. I should have taken one top down but you see the spring on top. Apparently the Rattlers are very violent when they fire. Radian is was working on a charging handle for it but were having trouble with it breaking is what the CS Rep told me.

I am going to have to put it on one of my 300 Blkouts that I built and see how it does with the standard carbine buffer tube setup.

View attachment 166255

Part of the reason your Rattler is loud, is because it's a piston gun vs. DI. If you shoot your can on a DI gun with an adjustable gas block it will be much quieter.

For the gas coming back to the shooter, a few rounds or slow fire won't be that bad, but rapid firing a mag will cause more blowback. You can do the "Charging Handle RTV Mod" to reduce it with the CH you currently have.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
338 with a 762 can?

I came back to this thread to change that, I got to thinking and realized I must have been wrong with the caliber. I saw his Sig mount and mounted my suppressor, after his first shot I had an "oh crap" thought but everything went fine. Now I want to measure the bore of my can...

mic'd the can, opening is .375" and they wire edm the opening and baffles after welding so they should be the same diameter. Doesn't mean I'm right on caliber though

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not really up on the Rattler. My gun is set up like I said for subsonics only. I 'm running a 9mm recoil spring and the buffer weight tube is empty of weights. I've been thinking of setting the bolt in my mill and trimming of some weight like the lightened ones they sell. Then again it runs fine like it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom