Pmags or Surplus mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is better? Pmags or metal?

• Pmags

Votes: 72 56.7%
  • Metal, surplus or new

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • They are both equal.

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer Pmags between those two, but my overall favorite is the Lancer AWM translucent mag. Poly body with steel feed lips, and stacks flat unlike the Pmag.

It is really a kind of nitpicky decision... as others have mentioned a GI mag is just fine as long as it is quality and has the good tan anti-tilt follower... but being able to nitpick one's own gear is the province of the armed individual!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI, PMAGs aren't the only game in town for Poly mags either.

I've got some Troy Battle mags and my favorites are probably my Lancer L5 AWMs (smoke clear), but I've got GI mags and they all get used regularly with no issues in any of them (I do prefer to have a 20rd PMAG with a limiter in it for hunting rather than the flush 5rd metal mags). I've handled Tango Down mags for a brief bit of time and couldn't find any reason not to use them if I needed more mags.

The key is quality - stick with known good stuff and you can't really go wrong. Sometimes known good stuff costs more, but sometimes the old reliable stuff that's inexpensive works great too.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with EZ on this, any mag is a good mag as long as it works well. If it doesn't, then toss it and get one that does work well. Use 'em and cull out the bad ones.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I currently use Pmags, and I have used surplus mags and the only problem I have had with either one was the Pmags, when you load 31 instead of 30, it causes problems. The surplus mags are nice because you can use the stripper clips to feed them, Pmags are prettier and quieter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom