Pmags or Surplus mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is better? Pmags or metal?

• Pmags

Votes: 72 56.7%
  • Metal, surplus or new

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • They are both equal.

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for PMags here. The only problem I've had with them is in some rifles they don't always drop free. More of a QC(out of spec)problem with the lower tier rifles.

A plus to the PMags is you can stipple them with a soldering iron more grip if you need to.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PMags get my vote. Any company that will relocate because they disagree with a bunch of tree-hugging libtards is good-to-go.

supraman762

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pmags for sure. I have replaced all of my metal ones with them. Just add a little stippling and they are good for my needs. Ive even considered selling my last two gi mags.

Reaction score
I have to say HK416 steel magazines, stamped MIL, never failed me. I had a pleasure of getting them issued and carried them during one of the deployments. They never failed to feed nor did they jammed, even during training when you easily go through three to four hundred rounds in a day. They are a bit heavier then your standard issued magazine, but the quality is undeniably better. However, I am also partial to HK products.

With that said, I also carried a poly mags during another deployment. They were PMAGs. They also never failed me and were lighter then HK, but not lighter than standards issued. However, PMAGs never seemed to fit properly in a pouch, weather a standard issued double mags, shingles, and they absolutely do not fit right in a quick reload pouch. In my opinion, they are good for recreational use, competition, or ops where you are carrying four mags or less, one in each pouch. However, if you were doing a three day op where you carry six mags plus two to four in the pack or direct action where you need to reload smoothly without complications, not necessarily fast, standard issue mags were the ones to carry.

The new standard issue metal mags with tan followers and a better spring are also not a bad economical and durable option for a mag, if a large quantity of ammo is needed.

One thing to keep in mind is that you have to service your mags like you would your weapon, meaning oiling, cleaning the build up on guide and inner walls of the mag, etc.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the pmags. I took my surplus mags out with me last week and one of them got deformed somehow. It wouldn't fit in the magwell. Never had anything like that happen with a pmag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom