Pocket Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@perfor8, Peeking out of the pocket? Really? That's not really very secure is it? I'm not dissing your method, it's all up to you, but personally, I can't see me doing that.

Secure from what? Insecure why? Insecure from some dude dumb enough to try to get my gun out of a pocket directly under my nose? My beard covers it anyway. I don't recommend it for everybody. I'm special.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secure from what? Insecure why? Insecure from some dude dumb enough to try to get my gun out of a pocket directly under my nose? My beard covers it anyway. I don't recommend it for everybody. I'm special.

LOL! Okay, good enough then. I could imagine trying that and the darn thing fall outta my pocket if I were to bend over to pick up something. Or something.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! Okay, good enough then. I could imagine trying that and the darn thing fall outta my pocket if I were to bend over to pick up something. Or something.
Yeah, it's more secure (from falling out) than it sounds. The "snap" bibs hold it on one side or the other, with no room to fall out. The "zip" bibs work the same way, just zip it over to the grips up against one side of the pocket and it can't get out. If I was gonna crawl under a truck or something I'd put it somewhere else.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like carrying much in my pockets to be honest. These days I mostly carry a G42 in an ankle holster. Hands down my favorite way to carry.

How much heavier is the G43?

If you can carry a Glock 42 comfortably then you can carry the Glock 43 just as comfy. The dimensions betwixt the two are not big enough to make a difference.

But I would ditch that ankle holster. They suck.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You win, mods please lock......

True story- My uncle and I were out running errands and he said something about carrying his .44 mag. He was wearing a dress shirt and slacks, so I'm looking at him kinda funny, thinking he's talking about some other time. Now he was a big 'ole boy, 6'3'' and 375 or so. We get home and he pulls a 6" 629 out of his front right pants pocket. Holy shagnoid Batman!!
This reminds me of something I used to do when I lived in the Seattle area. Sometimes, when I went to my gunsmith's shop, his assistant, Jim would try to guess where my gun was hidden. One time I walked in wearing cheap painter's jeans and a blue, untucked work shirt and he looked me over closely. Finally he gave up and said "OK Gary, where is it?" I pulled out a 6" Model 29 from an IWB holster. We had a good laugh over that.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Revival from the dead...I love my little P238 but think I'm gonna look into something in 9mm. A bit extra power, and the P238 is the only thing I have in .380. Now decisions decisions...

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here lately I’ve been pocket carrying my Springfield XDE 45 with extended round magazine in an ultra-sticky DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.
71fc8d8bc7122950262840f5f38d61ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 43 and 5.11 Tactical pant. https://www.511tactical.com/511-tactical-pants-mens-cotton.html

I drop the pistol in any pocket of those pants. Stopped using holsters because they increased the bulk. and printed baddly. Problem with no holster is that the gun rotates in pocket, slide down butt up pointing backwards. Of course it goes in a pocket that has nothing else in it.

Wife bought me pair of the pants with tapered legs. She said they made me look sexy. I'm 72 years old, Sexy and me have not been used in the same sentence for many years. Tapered legs are tighter and make the gun print when I am sitting in church. I am staying with the normal legs-looser leg fit.

That BORAII has caught mtattention. Ordered one. Seems less bulky and may solve the rotation problem we will see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom