Police officers shot at Dallas protest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we took guns away from the police they wouldn't be killing ANYbody. Unless they ran them over with their car, tased them (those could be taken away, too) or beat them to death with nightsticks/ASPs (another potentially deadly tool that could be targeted to ban).

Would that make things better, or worse? What do we think? It would absolutely and unequivocally dramatically and instantaneously reduce the number of deaths caused by police to nearly zero.

Is that our ultimate goal?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you are not serious. In any event, disarming the police would only be possible after disarming the public. I won't be disarmed.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A photo of the weapon has been posted on various sites. Not an SKS and not an AR.

More at dangerandplay.com and at thearmsguide.com

saiga.jpg

Last edited:

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Regarding officers needing more training:

I don't think that any profession could have enough training but ambushes are pretty tough no matter the level. Specifically in Dallas I think one of the bigger things to reduce loss for the street cops would be level 4 armor and rifles but a guy couldn't wear that stuff everyday all day, and even if they could the "demilitarization of police" crew would throw a fit.

In MOST of the isolated shootings I don't see many issues with them. NO shooting is "perfect". It's human to be stressed the heck out in these situations no matter the level of training.

For what it's worth, police worldwide have been involved in a lot of gunfights with some type of terrorists as of late. I think that demilitarization of police (or anyone including civilians) is a really bad idea.

I know there are a number of guys who don't necessarily jump with joy to support our law enforcement, but there are a lot of really good men and women who need our support. I can imagine it being a very difficult for any officer to keep his/her morale up right now.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A photo of the weapon has been posted on various sites. Not an SKS and not an AR.

More at dangerandplay.com and at thearmsguide.com

View attachment 57696

According to that pic it is an AK-74. If that's true, it doesn't surprise me.
The first reports of the weapons used in these types of shootings are usually wrong.

I'm not going to believe anything that is coming out from the media, msm or alternate. As late as this morning the police chief would not verify the weapon used, which is odd. I'm still not convinced there was a single shooter, not that I think it impossible I just am not buying anything being put out there right now. Multiple shooters, lone shooter, sks, saiga, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, not enough of a body to do toxicology, pictures of intact body.

Latest posts

Top Bottom