Portable Reloading press stand pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I am fairly new to reloading and as some have mentioned really don't have a good place to set a permanent workbench. I came across this website

http://www.woodchuckden.com/ that sells a portable reloading stand made by some Amish folks up in Ohio.

Not being too good of a woodworker myself(and somewhat lazy in that regard) I though I would spring for one. They are are $69.95 plus shipping.

It comes unassembled but took me about 10-15 minutes to set up. The RCBS rock crusher I have has to be installed in the "tilted back position" to clear the bottom of the stand when worked but not big deal as the holes are already drilled. Only other thing you have to do is go get a couple of bolts and drill holes on the top to clamp it to the stand..
This has worked out just great for me as I can just set it up on the kitchen table and go to town.

Thought I would post some pics if anybody is interested in purchasing or making one for themselves.

If you go to their website, click on the catalog and description is on Page 2.

And no, I don't get any type of commission, just thought I would pass on Info..

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 3,102
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 5,876
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 9,850

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how stable is it? do you have any issues when using the press? seems like it would be convenient for storage and space issues as long as it functions well.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how stable is it? do you have any issues when using the press? seems like it would be convenient for storage and space issues as long as it functions well.

Very stable.Does not move a bit during any stage of the reloading process. I have done about 2000 rounds of mainly .45ACP and 38 special with some 45-70 and .223 thrown in.

I have even taken it to sit on a footstool/ottoman deal to deprime/resize cases while I am watching TV.... Still pretty darn stable.....

Only problem I have ever encountered was not the stand/press fault. I was depriming some .45ACP brass when I hit one that I thought had broken the pin. Turns out it was Berdan primed......

I even bought another one for my son.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had any luck posting pictures on this forum, it says their all to big or I would post pic's of my creation. I went to harbor freight, got the roll around tool and parts tray (the kind you see in auto shops with the locking wheels.) Filled in the top with 2x12's. I then bolted the old square deal to one end. Three 25lb weights in the bottom and I have myself a nice stable, roll around reloading bench. I can wheel it into the house to load in the ac if I want and then store it in the garage. All in all around 100 bucks. You could probably just fill the bottom with quickcrete if you didn't want to buy the weights.

PrecisionRifleBlog

New to the site!
Reaction score
I created a table-top portable reloading press stand for this, similar to the one Sinclair offers (but with some improvements ... at least in my opinion). I drew it all up in a CAD program, and posted all the plans and instructions so other people could build one like it. I thought you guys might find this helpful.

Check out the full plans at: http://precisionrifleblog.com/2012/11/12/portable-reloading-press-plans/

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once upon a time when I was poor, oh wait, I am still there.

When I didn't have all the space I have now to reload, I used a Black and Decker workmate

I put a 2X6 in the vise jaws of the work mate and found a scrap piece of 1-1/8 plywood that was 4'x 3'.

So I screwed the plywood to the 2x6 and I had my first bench.

It worked great and I could set it up and take it down as needed.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went to Lowe's and bought a 4 x 4 sheet of 3/4 ac plywood.. the good stuff... took a skill saw and cut it in half. Flipped one peice over the other glued and screwed together for a 2 x 4 flat table top.. approximately 1 1/2 thick... built leggs from 2 x 4's... that was it.. was too anxious to start reloading to spend anymore time working on the table. I've had it now for 15years... Works great... on dillion press.. also attached the superswage to one corner of it. I was so excited, wife was lucky I didn't mount it to the kitchen table.. just so I could start.. (or maybe I'm lucky I didn't bolt it to the kitchen table hmm.!.!.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom