Portable Shooting Bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just put the finishing touches on a shooting bench the other day. I gotta give credit where credit is due, the basic plans came from here: http://www.larrywillis.com/shootingbench.html

I used a part of a slab of walnut that I cut a couple of years ago with my chainsaw mill. The top is 24" X 48". If I had it to do over again, I would use plywood. This slab of walnut is heavy. It is kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but the legs are splayed out. The legs unscrew for portability.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice and thank you for the pictures. I can see a shooting bench like that coming in very handy. What are the legs made of? I really like that walnut! I think the little bit of extra weight would be worth it....

David

Devon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a tip for anybody planning on building one of these. I purchased the 1 1/2 X 36 black pipe nipples from Locke Plumbing & Supply. The couplings that Locke Plumbing have are cast iron & they are nigh impossible to cut & weld. But Locke Electric (the other side of the building) has 1 1/2 steel couplings for conduit. Same thread pitch. They cut & weld great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom