possible ebola in dallas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been brought up before, why don't countries/nations send mercy/hospital ships to be stationed off of the coast of Africa? The patients could be quaratined on these ships, would not have to leave Africa and would not have to go to other countries for treatment. This would eliminate any possibility of the Ebola being transfered to plane passengers and anyone else that the Ebola patient might come in contact with(if the Ebola can be transfered to others).

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been brought up before, why don't countries/nations send mercy/hospital ships to be stationed off of the coast of Africa? The patients could be quaratined on these ships, would not have to leave Africa and would not have to go to other countries for treatment. This would eliminate any possibility of the Ebola being transfered to plane passengers and anyone else that the Ebola patient might come in contact with(if the Ebola can be transfered to others).

As far as I know the US is the only country that has dedicated hospital ships...the Mercy and Comfort. I'd rather not use them for Africa's Ebola in case we need them here.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I said that anyone who says that we can handle this should be flogged? This puts a bit of perspective on my comment.
It's somewhat long but really well done and pretty straight forward. This whole event really does have an "Outbreak'ish" vibe. Where's Dustin Hoffman?

Good read. Her experience and articles like this, is why I've been playing chicken little in these Ebola threads.

This crap is way dangerous, hasn't been handled right at all, and has probably already been spread to hundreds of people. Whether they become infected is a different matter.

It's really not hard to read up on this and realize this is a major thing.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good read. Her experience and articles like this, is why I've been playing chicken little in these Ebola threads.

This crap is way dangerous, hasn't been handled right at all, and has probably already been spread to hundreds of people. Whether they become infected is a different matter.

Liberia cancels elections
http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/oct/09/ebola-disease-in-a-day-live

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When I said that anyone who says that we can handle this should be flogged? This puts a bit of perspective on my comment.
It's somewhat long but really well done and pretty straight forward. This whole event really does have an "Outbreak'ish" vibe. Where's Dustin Hoffman?

Interesting read in the link. Her comments at the end are interesting too, and her statements make me wonder why the African continent hasn't been wiped out.......she explains about the lack of care and hygiene there, yet Ebola is relatively isolated in comparison to the size of the African continent, and always has been.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

She has no experience with Ebola, she states that..........chicken little :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom