Possible longer gun season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not digging it. reeks of benefitting people selling oufitted hunts or leasing high priced land to rich guys and out of staters more than anyone else now that OK is quickly becoming a whitetail destination state. at least make non resident tags lottery only if they do that.

we all have our preferences but I have always wanted a 9 day primitive season in late december. ie, flintlock/caplock without optics.

also 1 buck limit needs to happen yesterday.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think too many people actually kill 2 bucks, but I think a 1 buck limit would motivate people not to drop their hammer on the first buck they see with a muzzleloader or x-bow knowing they have another buck tag to burn in gun season.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
--They get a lot of pressure from outfitters for longer seasons so that outfitters can sell more hunts plain and simple.
--Bigger bag limits would only increase harvest by a small percentage of the number of hunters in the field. (Most hunters don't tag out antlerless, which has the biggest affect on slowing population growth.)
--It is real tough to please everyone.
--If the regulations (seasons, bag limits, and legal means of harvest) are based on proven research, and biologically sound for the conservation of game, I have no complaint. If the regulations are changed because of lobbying, or to profit a small percentage of people and could be detrimental to the conservation efforts, I will be first to complain.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah I'm not mad about Joe Blow hunting 4 weekends with a rifle, I just don't like what outfitters selling hunts (gun hunts are most expensive and most easily booked) and increasing lease prices (longer gun season will no doubt raise many lease prices in trophy producing areas) will do to the hunting scene here. I see more drawbacks than pluses for the average working class okie.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah . . . no.

Antler restrictions for minimum legal bucks . . . sure, but not agreeing with the 1 buck limit.

See I'm the opposite. Not a fan of antler restrictions. Too complicated, too restrictive for first time hunters, etc.

Get your buck and be happy with him. Then go kill 5 does if you're hungry.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t support a longer muzzleloader or rifle season, but I definitely support going to one buck per year. I would also support a lottery for non residents as long as they allow for landowner tags like KS. I’ve got a substantial property investment, and even though it’s been pointed out that ODWC doesn’t receive the funds, I still pay taxes in OK and think it would be pretty sh*tty to not be able to hunt my own land.:scratch:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t support a longer muzzleloader or rifle season, but I definitely support going to one buck per year. I would also support a lottery for non residents as long as they allow for landowner tags like KS. I’ve got a substantial property investment, and even though it’s been pointed out that ODWC doesn’t receive the funds, I still pay taxes in OK and think it would be pretty sh*tty to not be able to hunt my own land.:scratch:

yeah a landowner/ landowners family exemption would be a must

Latest posts

Top Bottom