Post apocalypse locations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Zombies, no. Viral outbreak, plausible. WWIII/Nuclear war, plausible. Those are the two scenarios I see as possible, anything else is purely fiction, but makes for some great things to think about :D
A crashed US market is much more likely than either of those two events and would be nearly as devistating

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it would go so far as the dark ages, but close to just post industrial. There are plenty of people with knowledge on solar power, water power, etc to have a few places with electricity. I don't see the current political structure staying the same. In a way it would be interesting to see what would happen, but then again I like me interwebs a wee bit too much to hope it happens (plus the rest of our modern world, but yeah, interwebs are important).
Yeah, youre looking at the dark ages.
1. While there are people that know how to make solar power work, there are NOT that many people that know how to make solar power work efficiently. You are also not taking into account how many of those skilled people will be dead to disease, or other means of being dead that comes with disasters.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, just going to throw my two cents in. First I live in a rural area. I have to drive 30 minutes one way to get to a grocery store. I would and have plans to stay where I’m at. I have prepped for short term situations, but don’t have the money or time to spend for a long term situation. I live in Oklahoma and have seen what a tornado can do. I have been without electric for a week due to an ice storm. So I prepare for that kind of event. Now I have what I need for my family for about 3-4 weeks after that it’s a work in progress. I would not head to the coast, first off, to many people already live near the coasts. Next a lot the people that don’t live there will have the same idea to travel there. Yes good weather, water, etc., but that won’t last long with the people there and more coming in. Anywhere you live you will have to deal with Mother Nature. I know how to tell what’s going to happen here a lot better than some place I have never lived. People with the idea of going to a hunting lease or wooded area and live off that will be in for a shock. The wildlife will be decimated in a short amount of time. There will be very little to live off of. It’s best to find a place close and make a stand there. North would be out too, too cold in the winter. We as Okies are not used to that much winter for that long. If you just need to leave, I would probably head southeast or east, but not all the way to the coast. Probably not the best plan, but better than coast. West would be out, it gets to hot out that way unless you head North West, than again the winters.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, just going to throw my two cents in. First I live in a rural area. I have to drive 30 minutes one way to get to a grocery store. I would and have plans to stay where I’m at. I have prepped for short term situations, but don’t have the money or time to spend for a long term situation. I live in Oklahoma and have seen what a tornado can do. I have been without electric for a week due to an ice storm. So I prepare for that kind of event. Now I have what I need for my family for about 3-4 weeks after that it’s a work in progress. I would not head to the coast, first off, to many people already live near the coasts. Next a lot the people that don’t live there will have the same idea to travel there. Yes good weather, water, etc., but that won’t last long with the people there and more coming in. Anywhere you live you will have to deal with Mother Nature. I know how to tell what’s going to happen here a lot better than some place I have never lived. People with the idea of going to a hunting lease or wooded area and live off that will be in for a shock. The wildlife will be decimated in a short amount of time. There will be very little to live off of. It’s best to find a place close and make a stand there. North would be out too, too cold in the winter. We as Okies are not used to that much winter for that long. If you just need to leave, I would probably head southeast or east, but not all the way to the coast. Probably not the best plan, but better than coast. West would be out, it gets to hot out that way unless you head North West, than again the winters.
your ISP and location have just been logged by the moderators and are now on the "raid" list for when their teotwawki stores run out. way to go.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whether some one was influenced by the walking dead or not is irrelevant. Point is, maybe it made them realize they should be prepared for emergencies. I dont think some one is actually preparing for a zombie outbreak.

Seriously though, how many people are actually prepared to go a week in a winter ice storm without having to go to Walmart to get bread and milk? Every time there is a storm coming, Walmart's bread, water, and milk isles are cleared out

How many people are that are diabetics are ready to have the power off for a week and do without refrigerated Insulin? ect

And an isle full of flour, yeast and salt.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be in my tactical recliner, watching my tactical tv (if it's working), in my tactical living room eating tactical Doritos.
Sounds like a plan, but don't forget the...

Attachments

• tactical_bacon.jpg
    tactical_bacon.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 127

Latest posts

Top Bottom