Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work at the Sooner PP and observed 3 deer on a wheat field at 2:30 yesterday afternoon while traveling south on 177 about 4 miles south of the plant. Their still seems to be some activity in my neck of the woods..That would be about 5 miles west of Morrison.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hey victor3, you can't just posta pic like that with no story, its against the rules! really though, i see your from ponca. what area is that from? i'll be north of the sooner lake power plant saturday morn. just wondering what the deer movement was like. dennis, you might chime in too and give me some heads-up.
I'll be working their sat morning, and drive north after work. I don't normally see many deer that way going home at any time.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I work at the Sooner PP and observed 3 deer on a wheat field at 2:30 yesterday afternoon while traveling south on 177 about 4 miles south of the plant. Their still seems to be some activity in my neck of the woods..That would be about 5 miles west of Morrison.

thanks viking, the activity north of okc(crescent) has come to a screeching halt!

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter's first buck. 262 yds, facing us while standing in some trees. Helluva shot. Remington 700 youth .243 95 grain Winchester Supreme Nosler Ballistic Tip. 8 point, 130# dressed

i936.photobucket.com_albums_ad201_30BulletHoles_img_1537.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm out!

Climbed into the stand yesterday at 4:00. This guy was already under the feeder with two other bucks and three toms. I had not seen him before and knew I would be happy with him. Had to wait for nearly 20 minutes to get a shot, he had another buck in front of him that would not move out of the way and he was standing behind the feeder leg. Finally got the shot at 4:18. Shot and his front half went to the ground, he got up and stumbled out of view. Based on reaction, felt OK about the shot. Waited about 30 minutes and went to check for blood at sight of impact. Zero. Crap! I knew I hit him, but then started thinking I may have just hit a leg or something. Followed where he went and not a drop for 50 yards. Then finally I saw one tiny speck. Few more feet and a big glob. Whew! About that time I heard limbs crashing not far away and was like damnit! So I backed out and went back to stand. Waited for another hour and at last light went back. Picked up the trail, not great, but enough to lead me through the thick stuff for 30 yards or so, flagging as I went. By now it was pitch black and my flashlights let me see about 10 yards in front of me. He must have made a loop cause I ended up back at another flag. Decided it was best to back on out and continue at first light where I could actually see. Slept all of three hours last night, replaying everything in my head. When I woke up and went outside I could hear drops hitting the ground. I panicked. Heavy fog and mist, occasional sprinkle. I could picture the blood trail dissolving in my mind. Sat in the stand till it got good and light and went to pick up where I left off. Found my last flag and looked for the blood I had marked, it was nearly nonexistent. Bad feeling came over me, then I ducked down and looked through the trees. I saw horns not 20 yards from where my last flag. I nearly cried. Sat in the grass for a minute and said a thankful prayer for successful recovery, then went to claim my prize. Could not have been happier, he was exactly as I had remembered him looking through the scope, little smaller of course, but perfectly satisfied for once with what I pulled the trigger on. Perfect 8, one brow tine a little broken. 14 1/2 inches tip to tip, and 18 1/2 inside spread. 12 inch G2's. I did hit him low, knocked out both front wheels, but enough collateral damage that he didn't go too far and expired quickly. No one is happier than my girlfriend that I am done!

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_rifle_12.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom