Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took the little lady out for a doe hunt. Conditions were less than perfect, hot and windy, but gave it the ol college try. Sat there forever and nothing. She was about ready to get back to the truck, I think there was a fear of being in the woods in the dark, haha. I made her wait another few minutes, and with ten minutes of shooting light left, a doe jumped the fence, then another and another. 6 does finally got out into the open. There was a bit of panic on her face, but excited. We had practiced shooting that afternoon and I told her it was just like practice. She took aim and picked out a nice fat one. I calmly told her as soon as you are comfortable, take the saf... BOOOOM! Apparently she was one step ahead of me and didn't even wait for me to tell her when to shoot. Doe made a big ol donkey kick, stumbled for the treeline and made it 20 yards and was DRT. I was so pumped. I was afraid if she didn't get a good clean kill, it might ruin her from hunting again, but she was very happy with the way it turned out. 175 yard shot in fading light, 15 mph wind, and a shaking boyfriend next to her and she nailed it. Absolute perfect shot. I'm a proud man!

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_mar_doe.jpg

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my bow buck that I shot in early October. I shot him Friday night at dusk and didn't retrieve him until the next morning. In that time the 'yotes decided they needed a meal so I don't have a hide on pic. He is a good management buck and I thought the double main beam was cool. I did the european mount and made the plaque out of a solid piece of walnut.
i921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_6DB0629B_1E5B_4123c0ca10ad89c50c2482d7368391d0f72c.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my bow buck that I shot in early October. I shot him Friday night at dusk and didn't retrieve him until the next morning. In that time the 'yotes decided they needed a meal so I don't have a hide on pic. He is a good management buck and I thought the double main beam was cool. I did the european mount and made the plaque out of a solid piece of walnut.
]

Talk about some character! Thats an awesome rack. Great job on the european mount.
Crab claw, extra beam, and the hole makes it a zombie buck. Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom