post pics of your refinished/painted weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anaconda40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Last night I spent over 2 hours all over the internet reading up on this and really got the itch.

I foresee in the not too distant future my wife walking into the kitchen to see a gun in the oven. After the interrogation that is sure to ensue, I will crack like junkie in need of a fix. And from that point on she will hate you all collectively.

....but I'm still going to do it! Those are awesome pics.

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anaconda40, just a word of warning. Most manufacturers advise against using the same oven that you are going to cook food in to cure the finish on your weapons. A lot of the finishes leave behind chemicals that can linger in the oven and deposit on food, thus making the food unsafe to eat. It is strongly recommended that you get a separate oven dedicated solely to curing finishes, and do not use the one in the kitchen that you plan to use for food preparation.

Anaconda40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, had to sling that out there. Thanks for the heads-up JTA.

To anybody with some experience---The first one I want to play with is one of my SKSs. I doubt that would fit into an ordinary oven.

Any ideas from the group? I don't want to invest a lot of money on painting gear, etc. From what I've read, GunKote is the best for not having a spay gun. Any input is appreciated.

onyur6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOLY SHEET! That is the best camo I've ever seen. I'm sure he could make some serious money with work that good.

:clap3:

not my rifle but I sure wish it was!

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom