Post up this years predators.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son and I went this evening. When we first got to our hunting site it was 48F with a significant breeze. Made it feel a little cool.

About 4:30 the wind died. Weather was perfect. Made three stands all together. Fist stand, nothing. Second stand was about 3/4 mile from the first. We heard three distinctly different packs (from three different directions) howling. One pack decided to pay us a visit.

First there were three galloping it at a brisk pace. Second yote was biggest so I barked, then dropped him (120 yards). You can imagine what the other two did once the shot was fired. They scrambled into the timber so fast I couldn't even get a sight on one.

Then two more came in, sort of. They ran across in front of me at a dead heat. Tried to get them to stop but no doing. Was able to drop one (100 yards), then took a bead on the second. Click.......oops, magazine was empty (I had two misses in between :gun1:). Now where did I put that second mag. Oh yeah, it's in my backpack. Where is the backpack? It's about 10 feet away where I originally decided to sit before I changed my mind. Duh!!! By then the last yote was at about 400 yards and disappearing fast.

Last stand was another goose egg. But it was a great day overall. We've never had more than one coyote come in to a stand before. Very Exciting to say the least. Can't wait to go again. I'll post pics of the two we got later.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking forward to the pics. Sounds like an exciting hunt. I had 7 come in at once and another time 5. I have never gotten more than one out of a big group. You did good.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coyote 4_1.jpgCoyote 5_1.jpg

Here they are. The big male was 33 lbs. The smaller female weighed 25 lbs. It was overwhelming to say the least to have 5 come in at once. I can only imagine what 7 would be like.

I'm 5' 11" to give you a perspective.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made two real fast stands tonight, both produced a dead yote. Both shot within 20 yards of the call less than 1 minute into each stand.

i124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_2012_02_07181006.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom