Post up this years predators.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Okie4570 and imhntn. Okie4570, we started out with the jackrabbit distress and also used the cottontail and baby cottontail. There was a pack of yotes to the north east that sounded close, so i used some of the howls and locator calls to see if they would respond or come check it out. I'm fairly new hunting predators, not really sure what i'm doing, but i would play a distress call for about a min. or so and then wait a min. Took about 30 min for the bobcat to come in.

Thanks buster11 on the reply, you did good waiting the cat out. A lot of people don't wait long enough for a cat to come in, if that's what they're hunting.:)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
headed out west of enid this weekend. i have an old school johnny stwert "prey master" digital. what sounds should i be using? this is a good oppurtunity as there 9 quarters to hunt. i'll also be using an "arky yoter" mouth call that sounds pretty good. should i combine the two or just use them one at a time?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I like jack rabbit in distress and baby cottontail for the area that you'll be in. Struck out before using those calls too:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom