Post up this years predators.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Still no cats in the homemade traps, skunks and opossums almost nightly though, so I know they work, just set in the wrong spot at the wrong time I guess. Cat caught today was a little different color, and few spots.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_1541693751_photobucket_130628_.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Okie, I am still learning, but have received lots of good advice here. We actually checked em on our walk in, but sat in the deer stand to watch for hogs. We saw 9 hogs, 2 about 200# and 7 around 75-100# We were trying to get on the 2 big ones, to shoot at the same time, neither were in the open at the same time in the 45-60 seconds they were out there. The feeder going off, scared them off. We found it amusing as one small pig ran straight into a cattle panel and then squealed a few moments and then took off.

I was talking to my dad about those traps you made, we are going to make some for next year. I am thinking I might try putting some 1" square "rabbit cage" wire over the heavy wire floor. In the time I have spent researching trapping bobcats, some tips were to put sticks in a "V" shape with a leg hold trap in the narrow end of the "V". The reasoning was cats will move there feet instead of stepping on a stick. Seems logical that they might not like stepping on the heavy wire as it has a stick like feeling.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie, looks like you and your buddy has been slaying the cats as well. Good job!!! Better get that 458 Socom ready, sounds like you might get a chance at a hog in a little over a week. I haven't been on OSA too much lately. Between the cold and snow making for long days at my real job, we have had a few fire calls this week, that I have made as well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've been covering the bottom of the traps with grass and leaves this last week to help with that problem. I've caught three in that giant trap I have this year alone and it has the same floor as the ones I made, so I'm not sure what's up them......................................We've had zero fires here, all medical calls................................SOCOM is ready, .222 is ready for other vermin.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
No mercy shown this evening, even though I was targeting bobcats. This yote came in as I was getting ready to get up from my first set. Walking up to my second set I bumped a big bobcat, he ran into the cedar patch I was planning on calling a cat out of. Called for thirty minutes and he never showed.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_1541693751_photobucket_137022_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom