Powerful movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The movie was a mastuabatory fantasy about assassinating Trump in the Oval Office.
From the few policy breadcrumbs that slipped out I didn't think that was the case. I thought that the movie did a good job of neutrality of politics, but did a good job of the military being used against the people, and that the gov't was considered aloof and tyrannical. The only way a movie like this could even survive is to be as neutral as possible. I gave you a thumbs up for watching from another POV.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The basic principle I got out of the movie is that the reporters are not any different than flies on the wall observing the foibles of human conflict - except they had cameras and took notes.

As for foreign intervention, none was portrayed in the movie. In a civil war such as might happen in our country, the job of the military would be to protect against any foreign intervention. We have a navy capable of keeping our coastlines clear, our northern border is shared with a staunch ally, and the southern border, though troublesome at times, could easily be kept relativity secure from other foreign interventionists transiting through Mexico with a naval blockade of the Central American coasts.

Besides, any invading force trying to take advantage of a civil war in this country would find itself fighting two armies and an existential armed populace like you see in no other country.

I did note one flaw in the movie: In the opening ruckus, when Jessy and Lee take refuge behind a police car from a bomb about to go off, the blast that was powerful enough to launch an officer over the top of the car certainly would have blasted enough force under the car to knock the two camera wielding crouched ladies off their feet. Physics plays no favorites except in the movies.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom