Pre Rut still? Or has it started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Last weekend, no activity in Wynnewood or near Crescent. All the big guys are still Nocturnal around our parts. Checking cameras tonight in Crescent. Hopefully we will have some activity with the weather changing.

BTW: There's a thread on the 2013 rut, a thread on game cam pics and a thread on 2013 deer hunting success (actually two I think). you might see if you can find them. lots of good info on the boards already.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of the rut. How some define the rut vary greatly. Some say its on the first scrape they see, some say its on the first time they see any buck sniff a doe. Still others must see a mature buck really chasing a doe and before they say the rut has started.

I believe it to be still be pre rut.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we were hunting north of crescent tonight. my son watched a little forky dog a doe in every direction for a while

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I sure the little guys are looking the big boys know like okie said nov 5th will start seeing a increase in big buck movement if cold weather the 10th thru the 15 is no better time to be in the woods

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okie4570, Bassin and Allout are all correct. Charles Alscheimer, a noted deer researcher, says that the rut begins with the Autumal Equinox or better known as the full moon in September. This is followed by the Harvest moon in October with breeding starting approximately around the full moon in November.

Latest posts

Top Bottom