Prep for a quarantine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Crap!!! It’s freaking nuts here in east Texas!!!
Grocery store shelves are BARE like worse than just before a hurricane. My brother and I were discussing the situation earlier today, and I came up with a theory as to why. I think so many people (at least around here) eat out all the time and don’t keep food in their house, and the isolation mandates have put a spotlight on how unprepared they really are for anything. THEN, they overreact and started buying groceries like the stores are closing forever.
I’m wondering at what point folks are going to figure they have “enough”?!?:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much food is wasting away in restaurants right now that they gotta pay for that will never be served across this country? Lots will never pay for it when they never reopen and suppliers will get hurt.
I did hear that one of the restaurant chains that were closing donated their food to some group for distribution. I didn't hear who, was working in the shop and just caught the main part of the story.

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toilet paper aisle in Norman Walmart (on Hemphill St.) I went in to get some pepperoni for dinner. The chicken chillers looked bare, a few steaks and roasts lying around. I picked up a box of ammo while I was there, too. It was about gone. We’re set to ride this out. I teach at a charter school in the city. We gave students a packet of work to take home last week, but when the school board shut the schools down until April 6th, they told us we can’t grade any work done while school is not in session.

Glenn Beck on the radio had a source that said, “Get to where you need to be for the next eight weeks.” If you are good and safe at home, that’s good. If you have a bug out spot, you might want to get there. I’ll write more about this in a discussion on Qanon on the site later.

ED269DA9-FC22-45CC-BAA6-28B1080D15D9.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say I visited a grocery store today that was fully stocked with meat and veggies. Even had TP with a limit and folks were walking right by it without collecting any. Even had a pallet of potatoes on sale. $3 for two 5 lb bags, no limit. Zero taters for sale in any grocer in Ponca unless they got stock yesterday.
There are still bastions of normality going on in OK, and I won't disclose the location so those with some sanity aren't over ran with those that are insane in their hoarding.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Stafford act and 2 week national quarantine in 48-72.

Mark it.

Love to see the rednecks faces when their idol Trump says they cant leave their house except grocery and pharmacy. Get rekt.

Hey , Redneck here, still waiting!!
What is your knee jerk, half baked doom and gloom theory going to be this week!! Come up with something new cause TP thieving Zombies are already taken.

Latest posts

Top Bottom