Prepper engineering: card #5 - GHB Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kel Tec PLR-16. C model underfolder stock from a SU-16/SU-22. Micro red dot sight.

It would fit the bill... though it's not at all what I would pick for that role. I have explored the possibility of this setup for another role though.

I am with SMS on the pistol being much more practical if concealability is a big concern. Maybe throw a couple 33 round happy sticks in the truck if you want a little more firepower.

There is no reason you should have to hunt to survive on a 1-2 day get home walk. Some water and noms in the truck should be plenty, even if they're kind of lame, like a few packages of cheese and crackers, a can of soup, bag of jerky, etc. MREs would be better.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $160, seems like a hell of a good price considering some rails go for quite a bit more. I think when they become available again, I'll pick one up. They say they have a lifetime warranty. I think they'll go boom just fine but the holding zero is going to be a function of how well the barrel fits the receiver.

These are in stock at this time... Get some!

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am with SMS on the pistol being much more practical if concealability is a big concern. Maybe throw a couple 33 round happy sticks in the truck if you want a little more firepower.

And if you want a little extra reach, grab a Keltec Sub2000 carbine. It will take Glock mags of the appropriate caliber, including the "33 round happy sticks", which means that if your pistol of choice is a Glock, you can share magazines between them. At 16" closed, it would fit in the bag if put in at an angle. 2 33 round mags and 2 17 round mags would give you 100 rounds of ammo at hand and if either gun quits working, it's just a matter of a mag swap into the other to keep shooting.

There is no reason you should have to hunt to survive on a 1-2 day get home walk. Some water and noms in the truck should be plenty, even if they're kind of lame, like a few packages of cheese and crackers, a can of soup, bag of jerky, etc. MREs would be better.

Agreed. And even if it's for a longer period (the out of state walk home scenario or bugging out from home), trapping is probably a better use of your time than hunting and snares are pretty compact. If you're after small game, you'll burn more calories hunting the rabbits and squirrels you'll take than you will get from eating them. If you're after larger game, you're going to leave a lot of waste.

Latest posts

Top Bottom