Preppers and fitness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure yet. Would have to iron out some details as far as babysitters and things like that. I have recently started running again so I would hope to have that part covered if I did decide to do it. Guess I need to start really practicing my shooting at the ENS's.

:woot: Look how little I shoot now ... and I can't run at all because of my neck. BUT ... I'm gonna give it a try ... I really want to see if I can finish the course before the sun sets! :P

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it sad that I am more worried about the shooting part than the running part?

Don't feel alone - Hensch will make us all look slow when it comes to the shooting part. BTW - he was top shooter at Zombie Run N Gun last weekend.

I really need to work on speed when it comes to shooting.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talking this over with Eyecyou last night. Not sure I've got all the gear I am going to need, but it is still a maybe. Haven't ruled it out completely yet.

Might need some tips and pointers, never done anything remotely close to something like this. Way out of my comfort zone.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talking this over with Eyecyou last night. Not sure I've got all the gear I am going to need, but it is still a maybe. Haven't ruled it out completely yet.

Might need some tips and pointers, never done anything remotely close to something like this. Way out of my comfort zone.

First pointer is that you don't really need a lot of gear.

You need a rifle, preferably with a sling, and a pistol with a holster. You can stuff ammo in your pockets if it really comes down to it...otherwise a surplus military load bearing harness can be had for very cheap online or at a local surplus store.

Come on out. Pushing outside of your comfort zone is exactly what this is about.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First pointer is that you don't really need a lot of gear.

You need a rifle, preferably with a sling, and a pistol with a holster. You can stuff ammo in your pockets if it really comes down to it...otherwise a surplus military load bearing harness can be had for very cheap online or at a local surplus store.

Come on out. Pushing outside of your comfort zone is exactly what this is about.
I read something somewhere that made me think the couple tension type holsters we have might not be appropriate. I could have just interpreted wrong.

Honestly most of the gear/holsters are my husbands so I need to find time to see if they would even fit me. It is on my list to check between now and Sunday. This way if I decide I need something else it can go on my Christmas list.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep it simple, keep it cheap. I usually run an ALICE surplus rig that runs about 15-20 bucks. With the "Garand Challenge", I'm modifying a bit to carry clips. Try to use something for the run that you'd use if SHTF. Some guys really game it, but the real idea behind runngun is to check your skills, check your equipment, make improvements. Pretty basic, lots of fun, lots of cool people. Do it once and you'll be hooked.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, I'm on the fence now. Saw my doc ... I have plantar fasciitis ... I'm starting PT, ordered some splints to wear at night (Oh boy) and I'm doing hot and cold compresses ... already taking.g more anti-inflammatory than most horses so ... hmmmm ... I'll know in 30 days whether I need to start ultrasound treatment.

Still, I'm gonna do my best to compete. This is something I've wanted to do since henchman and TedKennedy started doing it ...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I'm on the fence now. Saw my doc ... I have plantar fasciitis ... I'm starting PT, ordered some splints to wear at night (Oh boy) and I'm doing hot and cold compresses ... already taking.g more anti-inflammatory than most horses so ... hmmmm ... I'll know in 30 days whether I need to start ultrasound treatment.

Still, I'm gonna do my best to compete. This is something I've wanted to do since henchman and TedKennedy started doing it ...

Slow n steady wins the race says the turtle to the hare. He who finishes last, finishes first says the sole survivor.

3 miles, we can walk n shoot n take a break and still have fun for 3 hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom