Preppers and fitness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slow n steady wins the race says the turtle to the hare. He who finishes last, finishes first says the sole survivor.

3 miles, we can walk n shoot n take a break and still have fun for 3 hours.

I hear ya but right now I'm doing good to hobble to the bathroom and back ... :rotflmao: I thought I'd just stepped on something and bruised my right heel ... then, when the pain started running up my ankle I thought I'd just strained it walking funny, so I wrapped in an Ace bandage ... THEN my leg all the way up to my knee is hurting AND my left heel has the same ache I started out with in my right foot ... :(

Doc says I should really not wait so long to come see her next time ... :rotflmao: She also says it can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to undo the damage I've done to my right foot ... :shocked: So ... even if I can't compete in January, I should be good to go in July for the summer one.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm on the fence now. Saw my doc ... I have plantar fasciitis ... I'm starting PT, ordered some splints to wear at night (Oh boy) and I'm doing hot and cold compresses ... already taking.g more anti-inflammatory than most horses so ... hmmmm ... I'll know in 30 days whether I need to start ultrasound treatment.

Still, I'm gonna do my best to compete. This is something I've wanted to do since henchman and TedKennedy started doing it ...

What is your anti inflammatory of choice? I miss the good ole days of Vioxx. Right now I limit myself to Advil; anywhere from 2400 to 3000 mg per day unless I am not doing any pt.

Gotta question for Henchman n TedKennedy.

Can we do this with rimfires or is this just a center fire type deal?

Center fire dude.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your anti inflammatory of choice? I miss the good ole days of Vioxx. Right now I limit myself to Advil; anywhere from 2400 to 3000 mg per day unless I am not doing any pt.

Center fire dude.

Right now it's 15 mg of meloxicam twice a day ... gotta remember that it's not unusual for me to take 1500-2500 mg of acetaminophen but I'll top out at the 5000 mg if I'm having a really bad day, also ... she also said if I start itching all over or have severe, sharp stomach pain to stop everything and go to the ER cuz she's tired of me banging myself up ... :yikes2: She's a HOOT!! :rotflmao:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep but believe or not, a lot of acetaminophen with a little bit of hydrocodone works better for me than any number of stronger doses of controlled substances they've tried on me. She swears that pot would solve a lot of my worries ...
Your kidneys are taking a beating. I'm sure you know that tho.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your kidneys are taking a beating. I'm sure you know that tho.

Yeah. This year has been rough on me. When the weather patterns are fairly stable I don't come anywhere near those numbers. Doc has the lab bleed me like a stuck pig every 30 days ... just to keep an eye on things. And I'm a water-drinking fool ... Now that we have a couple of weeks where the weather is fairly stable I'll get a break from the meds, Thank GAWD! I can tell when I'm on the ragged edge, med-wize because I'll start having trouble with my stomach and have to start taking omeprazole ... man, I hate taking pills ... :disappoin

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm on the fence now. Saw my doc ... I have plantar fasciitis ... I'm starting PT, ordered some splints to wear at night (Oh boy) and I'm doing hot and cold compresses ... already taking.g more anti-inflammatory than most horses so ... hmmmm ... I'll know in 30 days whether I need to start ultrasound treatment.

Still, I'm gonna do my best to compete. This is something I've wanted to do since henchman and TedKennedy started doing it ...

ugh I had that once several years ago, the best thing I did was to make sure and stretch my foot really well BEFORE I got out of bed. That pretty much fixed it and I haven't had a problem since

Latest posts

Top Bottom