Preppers weapon of choice ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the conversion kits for the ARs would something like that be worth it in a situation like this to have 2 calibers in one gun with only a small amount of stuff to carry for the second caliber? I like the 22 because of the weight of ammo but it just does not have the punch needed IMO

If you go with a dedicated 22 upper sure. But I don't like the idea of "drop in kits". 22 is a filthy animal and I wouldn't want that going down my 223 AR barrel. Personal opinion.

I opted for the M&P 15-22 and just have another rifle. I couldn't be happier with it. I thought it was going to save me money, but I think it's costing me more (dang wife can't stop shooting it). It's a great rifle on it's own and a great training tool for it's bigger brother.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If only 1 firearm, any good 12ga pump. Depending on the load it is able to take everything from birds to deer and can be used effectively for defense too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom