Prepping...ya'll worryin' for nuthin'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of beets, but I've eaten Borscht & it was really good. Hominy is ok, but not something you'll find in my pantry...Same with lima beans. I grew up eating whatever was on the plate. Muskrat roast, squirrel & mushroom stew, duck... I'm not sure I've ever eaten a duck you didn't have to spit out the shot! I've never had good lamb, but people swear it tastes good. I think it is just how people prepare things.

ETA: Roux is to make a gravy or thick sauce :)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duck - man I've waded neck deep in icy water for duck! And hominy - shoot yeah! You can buy the canned kind, but Indian dried hominy is best. Grew up eating that hominy with beans and cornbread.
My lovely wife makes pozole with hominy and wild pig - chances are real good that'll be on the menu at the winter runngun.
Lamb, goat, man, if it ain't good, you ain't had it fixed right!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Duck - man I've waded neck deep in icy water for duck! And hominy - shoot yeah! You can buy the canned kind, but Indian dried hominy is best. Grew up eating that hominy with beans and cornbread.
My lovely wife makes pozole with hominy and wild pig - chances are real good that'll be on the menu at the winter runngun.
Lamb, goat, man, if it ain't good, you ain't had it fixed right!

Man you just ruined my breakfast.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hominy is what grits are made of right? Love me some grits. Make em a bit thick, and refrigerate overnight in a baking pan. Next morning cut into squares (about brownie sized) and pan fry in butter and bacon grease, and bam! Fried grits. Serve hot with a bit of salt and pepper and a drizzle of maple syrup. Bacon grease and maple syrup can probably make anything taste awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom