Pretty birds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we found a couple pretty birds last weekend. Got one big group up probably 20 roosters, most were a little far out to shoot :( .

20210116_124822.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were up around the Jet/Nash area. (Salt lake)
Hmmm. Heard about one of those wealthy landowners up there having an European Pheasant hunt. Wonder if some of those fancy birds got away? I was invited to one of those before and some of the invitees were all show and no shoot. At least one didn't know how to assemble his fancy shotgun that came in velvet lined case.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm. Heard about one of those wealthy landowners up there having an European Pheasant hunt. Wonder if some of those fancy birds got away? I was invited to one of those before and some of the invitees were all show and no shoot. At least one didn't know how to assemble his fancy shotgun that came in velvet lined case.

We hunt 2 fields that always hold a few birds, we tried walking out the public land North of the lake this year and didn't see a thing. I have always hunted the panhandle and didn't even know they had birds that far East until 3-4 years ago when I went with a buddy.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Reminds me of a hunt with my Dad in the '60's in SW Kansas. Miserable day, lots of snow, had to step on the birds to make them flush. End of day we were in little diner filled with hunters complaing about no birds. In come these two guys that looked like they came out of a catalog of hunting duds, clean, smiling, etc.Ask how they did they said GREAT! Got so many left some on the farmer's poarch to thank him. Said they pulled in as farmer was leaving taking wife to Dr.'s gave them permission to hunt. End of story we went out to lookin the trunk at the birds,they were all Guinea hens, They had killed his yard birds and left some for them to eat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom