Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS GEN II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would it be worth ditching the more expensive Vortex 1-4x for the PA 1-6x?

SWFA 1-6. Yous guys can fondle mine in Alex or Pawnee. FFP, great glass, and built like a tank. Cheaper than the a vortex 1-6 and lighter.

I'd def keep the vortex compared to the Primary Arms, unless you are moving up.

My scope that is.....

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SWFA 1-6. Yous guys can fondle mine in Alex or Pawnee. FFP, great glass, and built like a tank. Cheaper than the a vortex 1-6 and lighter.

I'd def keep the vortex compared to the Primary Arms, unless you are moving up.

My scope that is.....
Im about convinced my next scope is going to a pretty good one, Lord knows ive got enough cheap ones. Ive been researching the one you have (swfa) and the vortex razor, do you have any experience with it by chance?

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im about convinced my next scope is going to a pretty good one, Lord knows ive got enough cheap ones. Ive been researching the one you have (swfa) and the vortex razor, do you have any experience with it by chance?

Gabe has the Razor. I believe the SWFA is better. It's lighter and I like the reticle better. True 1 power. FFP compared to the razors SFP. I like with the FFP the optic at 1 power is like a red dot and the zooms into the actual reticle. I love mine, for $999 it is a great value.

FYI illumination is t always daylight bright, but I never use it other than at 1 power and it works fine.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hey Fog, that is Uncle Money Bags motto, "Buy once, cry once" I have changed up my thinking about the cheap sheet as well. Jim has taught me the motto and it really is good advice, a guy can mess around with so much cheap sheet that will fail. On a weapon we may one day have to rely on for our lives, better to have the best we can afford on top of it, in it and overall the most dependable weapon we can build.

R3DLINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking into a burris xtr II 1-5 x 24 with fast fire 3 combo for about $930
For my IWI tavor

[video=youtube_share;A2ixYAkiaVs]http://youtu.be/A2ixYAkiaVs[/video]
[video=youtube_share;Cb2wcdEQj3A]http://youtu.be/Cb2wcdEQj3A[/video]

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gabe has the Razor. I believe the SWFA is better. It's lighter and I like the reticle better. True 1 power. FFP compared to the razors SFP. I like with the FFP the optic at 1 power is like a red dot and the zooms into the actual reticle. I love mine, for $999 it is a great value.

FYI illumination is t always daylight bright, but I never use it other than at 1 power and it works fine.
Thanks, wish there was a SWFA dealer around here.

Hey Fog, that is Uncle Money Bags motto, "Buy once, cry once" I have changed up my thinking about the cheap sheet as well. Jim has taught me the motto and it really is good advice, a guy can mess around with so much cheap sheet that will fail. On a weapon we may one day have to rely on for our lives, better to have the best we can afford on top of it, in it and overall the most dependable weapon we can build.

I agree that's why I decided this time I would bite the bullet and buy the best quality glass I can afford. These run n gun comps are really what has inspired me to upgrade my equipment, albeit, a little at a time and that will of course help in a SHTF situation.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have one. Big fan. I am actually selling the AR-10 that it resides on and it will be for sale shortly, as well. It won't really get used to it's full potential on a SBR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom