Primers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So who else has dropped a single primer recently while reloading and spent more than 3 minutes looking for it with a flashlight?

emoji2323.png
Did that today twice. Also had some cases that I had primed but i dropped a box of bullets (500) and damaged 11. I deprimed very carefully and reused. (Do not recommend )Normally would have just thrown them in the scrap bucket.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a man had a tiny dent puller he might be able to rebuild spent primers. That’s it, a primer rebuilding tool! I’m gonna get rich for sure this time!
How much and when will you be selling? I'm gonna go broke before the wife spends it all on Christmas presents for the grandkids.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell...Lately I've been known to press them out of a split case (gently) and reinsert them. :lookaroun

Did that today twice. Also had some cases that I had primed but i dropped a box of bullets (500) and damaged 11. I deprimed very carefully and reused. (Do not recommend )Normally would have just thrown them in the scrap bucket.

Yes, I have a bucket of rejects that I’m going to do that with. Normally I’d scrap the brass with the primers in them. Not this time.
They will go for practice ammo.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this is for you spent primer rebuilders!!! I have SUCCESSFULLY rebuilt primers. Pry out the anvil, use a punch to re- flatten the cup. Now soak "safe lite" matches in alcohol and cut the white tip off. Make a slurry of the white tips and pack it into the primer cups. Let it dry and re- install the anvil. Bang! Smells funny, but it does work, and accuracy didn't change much in the 45 ACP loads i tried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom