PSA, clean your keyboard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So for all the keyboard warrior's out there I want to remind you that unless you buy a new keyboard every year you should make sure to clean it.

I often get ones free or buy cheap from thrift stores and I ALWAYS clean them before using. Now I'm not talking about just wiping it down or blowing it out... Sad to say but that only deals with the surface or some dust, I'm talking a DEEP cleaning. It's not hard to do with most keyboards all the keys will pop off with a gentle upwards pressure. Throw them in some soapy water and slosh them around or better yet get a lingerie bag from the dollar store and throw them in it and toss it in the dish washer, just pull off the little metal wires on keys like the space bar.

Now you may be wondering why well let me show you a keyboard I picked up.

20171203_150000.jpg 20171203_152155.jpg 20171203_153203.jpg 20171203_160601.jpg

Who knows how long it was used but a quick wash of the keys and a brushing and vacuuming of the base and it was as good as new. Even if the outside looks clean it doesn't mean a thing as there is always something living underneath. And for those people who work in an office with a shared computer where someone tends to eat while at it. The next time they are there pop a couple keys off and ask if they would like to continuing eating with the science experiment gone wrong next to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom