Pulled over and stopped at a DUI checkpoint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Act like a jerk and you will likely turn the LEOs into Jerks. This guy asked for it and he got it. Beyond that Checkpoints are legal ,random checks are not and you are required to show ID, registration, proof of insurance etc at a check point if asked.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many officers man a typical checkpoint, and how many drunk drivers do they catch?

Regardless of the obvious "MUH RIGHTS" nature of this clip, checkpoints are just another in a long list of poor police tactics that are heavy-handed, ineffectual, and damaging to our society.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Act like a jerk and you will likely turn the LEOs into Jerks. This guy asked for it and he got it. Beyond that Checkpoints are legal ,random checks are not and you are required to show ID, registration, proof of insurance etc at a check point if asked.

Funny, but I've never seen "Jerk" on a Use of Force Continuum matrix. :anyone:

How many officers man a typical checkpoint, and how many drunk drivers do they catch?

Regardless of the obvious "MUH RIGHTS" nature of this clip, checkpoints are just another in a long list of poor police tactics that are heavy-handed, ineffectual, and damaging to our society.

Too many and Too few are the answers you seek. Man hour for man hour, a good officer will tell you they can detain more actual DUI suspects by patrol and observation, than a advertised Roadside Safety Checkpoint that makes the 10PM news. :(

So why do I work them when for me, it's strictly voluntary? Because they are going to occur whether I take part or not. I can do more to protect the rights of citizens by working contact than I can sitting at home complaining about them. It really is that simple.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm...guy driving starts out being argumentative even if he was doing it civilly. The window thing...are out required to roll your window all the way down? No, but once the officer tells you to roll out it all the way down and you refuse you've moved right into where you don't want to be. In court the officer says he needed he window down in order to hear the driver without getting up close and putting himself into an unsafe position. Maybe he says he needed the window down in order to smell an odors associated with the use of alcohol or any numb of reasons that will stand in court which starts the whole thing with a disobeying a lawful order and everything after that goes to hell.

That's not say the cops weren't being asses (they get that way when someone starts out a traffic stop like this). They were definitely being d!cks and that K9 hit was obviously fudged just to show Mr. Smart guy they can do what they want. So if he should want to make a legal claim he's probably going to take some hits the same as those officers, I guess it just depends. Personally, I'd throw a stink just because of the illegal search since the dog obviously did not alert on the car. One of my FTO's was a K9 officer and I got to be around them enough to know when a dog hits he will be very obvious about it.

Those guys were d!cks and unfortunately there are too many.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He makes the statement that he is not required to produce any licence since he has not violated any law. I don't where this occurred at, but here is what the Oklahoma Law says.

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 47. Motor Vehicles
Chapter 6 - Driver Licenses
Article Article 1 - Issuance, Expiration, and Renewal of Licenses
Section 6-112 - License to be Carried and Displayed on Demand of Peace Officer
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

A. Every licensee shall have his or her driver license in his or her immediate possession at all times when operating a motor vehicle and shall display the same upon demand of a peace officer. Any person violating this subsection shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished as provided for in Section 17-101 of this title.

B. Any person charged with violating this section who produces in court, on or before the court date, a driver license issued to him or her and valid at the time of his or her arrest shall be entitled to dismissal of such charge without payment of court costs and fine.

This law doesn't make any reference about committing violations, just that it "be produced upon demand while operating a motor vehicle". Now, once he steps out of the car, he is no longer "operating", but thats another argument.

Latest posts

Top Bottom