Pulling The Troops Out Of Afghanistan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Disgusts me
The date is what disgusts me. Virtue signaling and pandering at the highest level. I ‘think’ I know what he’s doing, it’s an apology to the innocent people of the region. But, it’s call to action for the faction of people that want to eradicate the earth of the U.S.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all know how it works... We make our enemy our ally in hopes we get preferential influence in the region. The taliban are our buddies now. We're leaving the country to them (and probably billions in cash) hoping they can defeat Al Queada. We're going to fund our own next 9-11.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our military is in charge all over. Trump signed an EO to make this happen. They recently found a tunnel at the boarded up Vatican that leads a thousand miles to Jerusalem and in hundreds of years old.
And within this tunnel was stacks of gold.

Put the pieces together SMS

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulling out was Trump's deal, whether or not choosing the date was Biden's folly.

As Andy Stumpf has said on a couple of his podcasts recently, US military forces (I think he said special operations forces, but I'm not positive) are currently operating in 140 countries around the world, so pulling out of that quagmire isn't exactly changing the equation by all that much.

I will agree, though, that choosing that particular date is beyond stupid. Even SFB Biden should know better.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plenty of people have said it across history and it never hurts to re-visit proven wisdom: Afghanistan -- the place where empires go to die.

The only time the US was truly combat effective, i.e. killing more of them than our losses, was the early days that were detailed in the book(s) "Horse Soldiers"/"12 Strong" by Doug Stanton. It was classic use of Special Forces by organizing/training/equipping indigenous forces and providing superior US air power when needed. Even though that was highly effective, it is still essentially impossible to overcome the basic feudal nature of that country and its people. Too much history there to really make a difference, not to even mention the primary product of their economy, the opium poppy, was so devastating to humans everywhere. The potential to "Win" did not really exist and history was staring us in the face to emphasize the point.

The choice then becomes a decision about whether you are mad at them or scared of them. Given 9/11, we were probably both, initially. The trouble was that we were mad at who had organized/executed the attack and scared of who had paid for it. The answer to both of those questions was "the Saudis" and we were deeply in bed with them for most of the 20th Century. It became a matter of transferring the mad to some puppet and that became Afghanistan because it was used as a base of operations by the anti-American faction of Saudis.

ETA: Stated all the above to say this in summary - we were always destined to leave Afghanistan ignominously with the only unknowns going in being how many lives and how many dollars would be expended to achieve the foregone conclusion. I will further state that NONE of the disgrace or shame belongs to any member of the military who risked or gave their life in this endeavor. It belongs fully to the political apparatus and "leadership."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom