Purple Power and ultrasonic cleaner to carbs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Simple Green Pro HD and an ultrasonic cleaner to clean an automotive carb. Purple Power seems to react with some metals according to the MSDS.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simple green is not to be used on aluminum. A quick wash and rinse might be OK, but a sustained soaking in a tank will cause major corrosion.

Simple Green Pro HD is not the same as original Simple Green. The Pro HD is even recommended for use in ultrasonic cleaning.

http://simplegreen.com/products/pro-hd-cleaner-degreaser/

"Simple Green® Pro HD is a readily biodegradable, non–corrosive, and professional grade formula developed for multi–purpose home and DIY applications including: use on floors, walls, appliances, automotive or recreational vehicle cleaning and degreasing, and for pressure washing, parts washing, ultrasonic cleaning, and more. It quickly eliminates tough grease and grime, removes oily stains, and is safe on metal surfaces.
Excellent multi–purpose heavy–duty cleaner and degreaser
Non–corrosive formula, safe for metal surfaces
Use everywhere on the job site or in the garage
Manual or equipment use including parts washers, dip tanks, pressure washers, and ultrasonics
Use Simple Green Pro HD in a general cleaning dilution on floors, painted surfaces, aluminum, stainless or polished steel, chrome, plastics, vinyl, canvas, cabinets, counters, stove tops, refrigerators, sinks, showers, tile, and more. Use Simple Green Pro HD in a heavier cleaning dilution for engines, wheels, tools, heavy equipment, landscaping equipment, bumpers, grease and oil stains, exteriors of cars, trucks, vans, RVs, and boats; on BBQs, ovens, grills, range hoods and vents, machinery and more."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simple Green Pro HD is not the same as original Simple Green. The Pro HD is even recommended for use in ultrasonic cleaning.

http://simplegreen.com/products/pro-hd-cleaner-degreaser/

"Simple Green® Pro HD is a readily biodegradable, non–corrosive, and professional grade formula developed for multi–purpose home and DIY applications including: use on floors, walls, appliances, automotive or recreational vehicle cleaning and degreasing, and for pressure washing, parts washing, ultrasonic cleaning, and more. It quickly eliminates tough grease and grime, removes oily stains, and is safe on metal surfaces.
Excellent multi–purpose heavy–duty cleaner and degreaser
Non–corrosive formula, safe for metal surfaces
Use everywhere on the job site or in the garage
Manual or equipment use including parts washers, dip tanks, pressure washers, and ultrasonics
Use Simple Green Pro HD in a general cleaning dilution on floors, painted surfaces, aluminum, stainless or polished steel, chrome, plastics, vinyl, canvas, cabinets, counters, stove tops, refrigerators, sinks, showers, tile, and more. Use Simple Green Pro HD in a heavier cleaning dilution for engines, wheels, tools, heavy equipment, landscaping equipment, bumpers, grease and oil stains, exteriors of cars, trucks, vans, RVs, and boats; on BBQs, ovens, grills, range hoods and vents, machinery and more."

Great info! I've never heard of the pro. My first excursion using the original formula resulted in the aluminum front sight of my pistol being basically ruined.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I discovered it while researching different methods of cleaning carburetors. I was looking for a better method than the old stinky can of carb dip.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought aluminum itself was a no-go in an ultrasonic???

Best thing I've ever used on a carb was the old stinky, gallon can of carb dip.

Of course it's been quite a few years since I've even had to touch an old school carburetor.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the Pro HD worked great in the ultrasonic cleaner. My 22 year old Honda HR215 is purring like a kitten again. Now off to mow before the rain next week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom