Purpose of Magpul or Ranger mag plates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For maximum phalangycal dexertorous efficieny, they are required. All SOCOM members have them installed on all magazines. They are a tad undersized to insure proper contraction on the magazine to avoid any hanging up in the mag due to stuffing them to full capacity. The tension that they provide for the mag stabilizes the round to increase the lethality, penetration, and accuracy by 73%, no documentation needed.:talk2hand:

Oh, hell, I don't know?!?! Cause they look cool, and they are one of the cheapest Barbie upgrades you can put on your rifle??:hypnotize:

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
original magpuls are great on ar mags; they give me a good grip on the mag when I reload, cushion the baseplate if I monopod the mag, and help protect dropping mags if Im at a class or practice. I run them sideways, snug up against the baseplate.
The original finger loops are got snagging reloads out of chest rigs, etc., and can help with tactical reloads where you want to keep the mag but swap it for a full one in a fighting lull.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
original magpuls are great on ar mags; they give me a good grip on the mag when I reload, cushion the baseplate if I monopod the mag, and help protect dropping mags if Im at a class or practice. I run them sideways, snug up against the baseplate.
The original finger loops are for snagging reloads out of chest rigs, etc., and can help with tactical reloads where you want to keep the mag but swap it for a full one in a fighting lull.

Latest posts

Top Bottom