Put trailer on a frame jig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Had one of our trailers slide down an incline and run into a curb with the ramp down. The result, about a two inch bend to one side beginning at a the axles. It’s a nice 20 footer with a dove tail. Is there a shop in the city that can straighten it out?
I’ll take some pics tomorrow.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had one of our trailers slide down an incline and run into a curb with the ramp down. The result, about a two inch bend to one side beginning at a the axles. It’s a nice 20 footer with a dove tail. Is there a shop in the city that can straighten it out?
I’ll take some pics tomorrow.

Never been to any of them, but there are several trailer places on or near Reno between MacArthur and Sara rd. They range from doing small trailers all the way up to semi-trailers.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...1d35.45870344948791!2d-97.65515735671568!5i14

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to picture the bend.

Did the frame buckle just behind the axle?
Making thew ramp area sit 2" lower on one side?

Now when I need to straighten a car frame I have used mother natures help.
Trees.
I have put the vehicle or trailer under a strong tree branch and then take a 4x4 post and place it under the tree branch and on top of the trailer frame ..good and tight fit.

Then place a floor jack under the end of the trailer and jack it up if it was sagged down.

You can't jack up a big tree branch so the trailer or car frame stays down except for in the spot you are jacking.

Confusing but may help

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4D86D749-FDCB-4DD9-8AF1-F7861D1311F5.jpeg

24 footer and the bend starts kind of between the axles. The other side is similar with maybe not as much bow to it. The angle of the axles are different now. It’s still usable but going to go through lots of tires!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try Merles frame and wheel alignment on south Shields. Once upon a time there was no better frame straightening place in the state.
Thanks, I’ll give them a call. I laid a 12 foot piece of stock on it to see if it’s bent down. Appears to be just side to side. I’m thinking it would be a fairly easy fix with the right equipment.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hook it to the truck back it against the tree put the tree just behind the fender and against the side of the trailer and then get another truck or a tractor or something and some chain and hook it to the bent side end of the trailer and pulllll and etc etc.

You will be surprised what you can do.
I have done many but I am a tight wad.
I would try that then if it did not work then call Merles.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will be surprised what you can do.
I have done many but I am a tight wad.
I would try that then if it did not work then call Merles.
If it's my stuff, I'll spend time on it, but I learned years ago that it's cheaper to spend money than time at work. The accountants thought my time was zero cost, but my boss sure didn't, and he didn't want me spending a few hundred dollars worth of my time fixing something that we could send out to get fixed (or even replaced) for $50.

Latest posts

Top Bottom