Quality AR Parts List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I guess it is a disease. I went back to the gun show and bought a stripped Spikes Tactical Lower, a Spikes Tactical lower parts kit, Ergo Ambidextrous pistol grip, Ergo 8 position butt stock, a UTG 3-12-44 and I went with the Bushmaster 20" Predator complete upper. This should be a hell of a varmit gun. I figured if I was going to build one I should build the one I want. I was hoping someone would have an instruction sheet on how to install the lower parts kit. I'm sure I could figure it out but with all the combined knowledge here that someone would some instructions available. If possible please pm them to me. Thanks alot, I sure hope since its not a Colt product it doesn't melt into a puddle before I get that first shot off! Wish me luck

My post was ment as a joke, to be directed towards the many post by our self proclaimed internet 'AR15 experts'.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I guess it is a disease. I went back to the gun show and bought a stripped Spikes Tactical Lower, a Spikes Tactical lower parts kit, Ergo Ambidextrous pistol grip, Ergo 8 position butt stock, a UTG 3-12-44 and I went with the Bushmaster 20" Predator complete upper. This should be a hell of a varmit gun. I figured if I was going to build one I should build the one I want. I was hoping someone would have an instruction sheet on how to install the lower parts kit. I'm sure I could figure it out but with all the combined knowledge here that someone would some instructions available. If possible please pm them to me. Thanks alot, I sure hope since its not a Colt product it doesn't melt into a puddle before I get that first shot off! Wish me luck

That's the key right there. Get what you want and ignore both the haters and the fanboys.

D

DevilDoc29

I put together my lower last night and picked up the upper I ordered. She looks wonderful. I cant wait to shoot it this weekend. Everything fit together perfectly. I like the ergo pistol grip and the ergo buttstock. I didnt have any problems putting the parts kit in. I think it took around an hour and a half to put it all together. The hardest part was installing the buttstock. What is a reasonable time to install the lower parts kit?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Hour and a half for a first time seems reasonable. It's been over three years since I did mine, so I don't remember for certain.

Ergo buttstock? Not familiar with that one. This it?

Give us a review (with pics of course!) on how it performs!

D

DevilDoc29

Hour and a half for a first time seems reasonable. It's been over three years since I did mine, so I don't remember for certain.

Ergo buttstock? Not familiar with that one. This it?

Give us a review (with pics of course!) on how it performs!

Thats it. I havent fired the rifle yet but will report asap. I will probably go shoot on saturday.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish Ergo would start making QD adapters for them (or that you could still find the old Magpul versions for them - I don't even think you can find a strike plate for them anymore). That and the rubber butt-pad would be nice.

I sold my Ergo because no one would make any of those goodies for them anymore - if someone starts making them, its a goldmine of a stock, but without it (and with Ergo's adaptation of using the normal buffer-tube and castle nut), you don't really gain a lot with it over other than better adjustability and cooler looks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom