Quality Control by Kohler - or lack thereof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doing some upgrades to the guest bathroom. Changing out the sink and toilet this evening.

Here's an example of the excellent QC done by Kohler on one of their brand new $200 toilets:
qc1.JPG

qc2.JPG

I guess I should've put everything together before installing the toilet. I'm not taking it back out at this point. I'll find a new seat that fits this stupid thing.

Nice job Kohler......nice job.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks like a china product to me....I wonder if they manufacture their own products are if they import....but your right....really bad QC control

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like they put the wrong seat in the box... oval seat in a round toilet. If you got it someplace like Lowes, I wonder if they would exchange it? In any case, yeah... much easier to just get another seat then to pull it out and take it back.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Called Home Depot, the young lady on the phone said she couldn’t exchange it unless I brought the whole thing back. I doubt she’s right. I’ll call them again tomorrow see if I can get someone else on the phone who will just break open the box for another one and get me the right part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom