Quality Control by Kohler - or lack thereof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Called Home Depot, the young lady on the phone said she couldn’t exchange it unless I brought the whole thing back. I doubt she’s right. I’ll call them again tomorrow see if I can get someone else on the phone who will just break open the box for another one and get me the right part.
Good luck! Let us know how they handle it.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm i have never got a seat with a toilet always had to buy them separate and i have put in alot of toilets over the years

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kohler is a decent toilet (the older ones were better IMHO) but the lids they supply with a new toilet are horrible. Do yourself a favor and just buy a decent soft close one and chunk the one ya got

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kohler is a decent toilet (the older ones were better IMHO) but the lids they supply with a new toilet are horrible. Do yourself a favor and just buy a decent soft close one and chunk the one ya got
I agree. The toilet seems pretty good, but the lid is crap (no pun intended). For right now though, as a matter of principle, I want to get the correct lid. It's in the guest bathroom so it's not super high on my priority list to upgrade the lid.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My folks put a Kohler toilet in their guest bathroom, and my sister's kids could plug that thing up with just their poop. I put an American Standard in my master bathroom; it may have the world's most uncomfortable seat, but, dang, that thing will flush anything that will fit through the drain hole. It'll supposedly flush 18 golf balls, and I believe it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called Home Depot, the young lady on the phone said she couldn’t exchange it unless I brought the whole thing back. I doubt she’s right. I’ll call them again tomorrow see if I can get someone else on the phone who will just break open the box for another one and get me the right part.

I doubt that they would break open a box for you. It might be that they would give you a toilet seat from their stock of toilet seats.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My folks put a Kohler toilet in their guest bathroom, and my sister's kids could plug that thing up with just their poop. I put an American Standard in my master bathroom; it may have the world's most uncomfortable seat, but, dang, that thing will flush anything that will fit through the drain hole. It'll supposedly flush 18 golf balls, and I believe it.

Sounds like swallowing the golf balls isn't the hard part in that research...

Latest posts

Top Bottom