Quality Window Tint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a place that does quality auto window tint. What I'm looking for is something that will last a very long time and isn't one of those cheap jobs that only lasts 2-3 years.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To try to answer the OP's question more in depth

Eric the @ Tulsa12volt is a heck of a good guy who I would let do about anything to my vehicle but I don't think his tint would last 20+ years. Just so we are clear, That is a pretty tall order for any manufacturers tint to last let alone the fact that in a decade they will likely be physically damaged anyway. If you really want the best you will have to find someone to install Llumar's metallized or Ceramic tint and get ready to pay out the nose.

FWIW I had a 93 truck that had top end Llumar tint on it in about 1997 and still looked great all the way thru the 2014 ish and it never saw a moment of shade. I still chose to have Eric do mine knowing it would probably be replaced in 5 or so years but cost much less and was installed well

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To try to answer the OP's question more in depth

Eric the @ Tulsa12volt is a heck of a good guy who I would let do about anything to my vehicle but I don't think his tint would last 20+ years. Just so we are clear, That is a pretty tall order for any manufacturers tint to last let alone the fact that in a decade they will likely be physically damaged anyway. If you really want the best you will have to find someone to install Llumar's metallized or Ceramic tint and get ready to pay out the nose.

FWIW I had a 93 truck that had top end Llumar tint on it in about 1997 and still looked great all the way thru the 2014 ish and it never saw a moment of shade. I still chose to have Eric do mine knowing it would probably be replaced in 5 or so years but cost much less and was installed well

I know nothing lasts forever,The main point is I also don't want to have to redo it in 2-5 years. I had a 96 Chevy with factory tint and it was 2010 before it started getting bubbly and 2016 before it was bad enough I just ripped it off. So I know a 10-15 year tint is possible, I'm just not sure where to find someone that can do it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jackie cooper electronics did my corolla in 2000 and last year the side windows finally gave up the film.
Back then they had a lifetime warranty.. but I lost my receipt and the new computer system does not have my information.
I got my money's worth though.
This car had 75,000 miles on it in 2000 and now has 315,000 miles on it . those windows get rolled down a lot.
I will admit the last 3 years the tint was starting to peel.
So 15 years for old school tint was not too bad.. it cost me I think just around 100 bucks then.
Never bubbled.

I would not hesitate to do it again.

But I want Low E reflective or something else I can see out of really easy..I do not want it dark but I want max heat rejection.
I went to lowes and purchased the Home window film that was reflective LowE and put it on my Geo metro.
It did not peel after 3 years when i ended up selling the car. No bubbles either.
But hauling lumber and firewood i did gouge it a few times..Hey Window film is not nail and sharp branch proof.
But I loved the heat rejection.

I do not get that with old school tinted film.
I wonder how well ceramic compares to Low E reflective

Latest posts

Top Bottom