Question About CMP Order

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahrk-9

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent all my stuff in about a week ago and lead time is 2-4 months. Should I expect any sort of notification that they received my packet? At what point should my check clear (immediately or when it ships)?
Thanks in advance!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should get a DBU email when they receive your order, which can take a few weeks, depending on how busy they are. If it’s for one of the 1911’s, I think there’s a lottery to see whose orders get to be processed, so that can take even longer. If it’s for a Garand, the email will be the only thing you get, so check your account on their web site periodically for an order update.

By the way, DBU stands for “Don’t Bother Us.” ;)

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should get a DBU email when they receive your order, which can take a few weeks, depending on how busy they are. If it’s for one of the 1911’s, I think there’s a lottery to see whose orders get to be processed, so that can take even longer. If it’s for a Garand, the email will be the only thing you get, so check your account on their web site periodically for an order update.

By the way, DBU stands for “Don’t Bother Us.” ;)

Hope it's not for a 1911. It will go directly in the trash if received prior to 9/5.

kahrk-9

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I sent off for a service grade M1. I have not decided if I want to mess with the 1911. I guess I have a couple moths to decide. Are you guys sending in for one? If so, do you think it’s a better deal than the open market? I guess it’s ok if I hijack my own thread

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no desire for the 1911's. I didn't like the worn out POS that we had to qualify with in the Army. Turned me off of them.
I am a 1911 fan of modern guns though.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent in my M-1 packet last Friday, and I received my processing email the following Tuesday, showing the charges made and my order as “shipping ASAP.” I ordered one of the immediately-available “Special Grade” rifles, so my processing is likely faster than if I had ordered the backlogged Service Grade.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I sent off for a service grade M1. I have not decided if I want to mess with the 1911. I guess I have a couple moths to decide. Are you guys sending in for one? If so, do you think it’s a better deal than the open market? I guess it’s ok if I hijack my own thread

If the SG 1911’s are anything like the one they picked out at random for their segment about the incoming 1911’s, their price should be bottom of the market. So yes, they should be a better deal than what you can find at gun shows. Of course, the condition will vary, and you’ll just have to trust to luck you get at least middle of the grade.

If I wasn’t such a fan (by necessity) of XS big dot front sights, I’d plunk down the cash for one. As it is, I’d rather get a modern 1911.

kahrk-9

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update- my CMP Special Grade Garand arrived today. Total time from dropping my application in the mail to FedEx arriving with my rifle - six days! Almost Amazon-like speed!
Gratz! I got my DBU e-mail and it said min. 60 days. That gives me time to load up some ‘06 rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom