Question About CMP Order

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.M.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch how you load for the Garand, you need to load it to copy the M2 round not 30-06.
Or go to Garand Gear and order a Shuster (?) plug.
Garand Gear web site has a huge amount of information that will make life with your M1 easy.
It's a long read but the info on port pressure is worth it.
Also the info on stripping and lubrication is well worth your time.
M1's are like a drug get 1 and you will want more.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7CEBE86C-E743-471E-ADAD-B4B42460CF24.jpeg
DA06F349-1460-46CB-9612-E7AFED187509.jpeg
Any pitting on the receiver (a stated possibility from their web page)?

No pitting! The only hang-up was an improper reassembly - the operating handle was not properly engaged with the bolt lug.

Annoyance quickly became resolve - I wanted to learn to field strip it anyway, right? So one hour and three YouTube videos later, I had it disassembled enough to set the bolt and charge handle correctly. Works like a charm now, and I’m now better equipped to service the rifle myself.

Test fire tomorrow!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a Service Grade. Any advice on cleaning up the wood is appreciated. My hands are dirty after touching it each time.
Thanks.

I don't normally get any more aggressive than doing an oil scrub with a blue non-abrasive 3M pad. I use a 50/50 mixture of pure tung oil and natural citrus solvent from Real Milk Paint on stocks that are fairly grungy. You can use straight pure tung oil, raw linseed oil, or even boiled linseed oil without a solvent and still have good results though. If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a pm.

I am assuming that the barrel is 3-44 dated or were you referencing the production month of the receiver based on the serial number? Any cartouches on the stock?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I don't normally get any more aggressive than doing an oil scrub with a blue non-abrasive 3M pad. I use a 50/50 mixture of pure tung oil and natural citrus solvent from Real Milk Paint on stocks that are fairly grungy. You can use straight pure tung oil, raw linseed oil, or even boiled linseed oil without a solvent and still have good results though. If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a pm.

I am assuming that the barrel is 3-44 dated or were you referencing the production month of the receiver based on the serial number? Any cartouches on the stock?
Good info Lucas. I bet the cartouches come out with a good cleaning. If you clean it out in the sunlight, the will appear faster. Protect those areas from over cleaning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom